Turning CNBC off!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by michaelscott, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Welcome to the first day of the rest of your trading life.

#11     Apr 20, 2007
  2. Haha. Lots of hedge fund managers, gurus and critics on ET, but none that can disclose anything. They manage millions of dollars in cash, yet have so much time to focus on a messageboard during the market hours.

I see how it is.

#12     Apr 20, 2007

3. lol.. it doesn't take but a second to stroll around the web. It would also be hard to believe that I am also keeping my eyes on CNBC.

Mike, it would be hard for you to believe this: But, in LIFE, it is easier to make $10,000,000 than it is to make $100,000.

#13     Apr 20, 2007
  4. Anyway, it would ALSO be hard to believe that ELITETRADER.COM was actually the STARTING POINT for this Hedge Fund Hot Shot.

Yeah, I actually LEARNED what the hell is trading, while browsing around online 7 or so years ago while in COLLEGE.

Hasn't looked back since, and I am still around here... albeit, once in a while nowadays.

#14     Apr 20, 2007
  5. CNBC is professionally made garbage TV, like most networks in the US. It has nothing real to offer to a serious trader, watching tickers is a waste of time.
    As for breaking news, I'm almost certain that the first that knew something was awrong 9/11 were those watching their charts.
    For the rest it is mindless chatter, maybe it gives some the idea of 'belonging' to a crowd, but that is not good for trading either. The chatter is distracting, not to mention the numerous repititive commercials all the time.

I switched off any newsline years ago and haven't noticed ANY disadvantage. So I think the OP did the right thing.

Ursa..

#15     Apr 20, 2007
  6. HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT????

There is no better source of info when you are trading and they come on with a special story about Trump's show or more importantly, "trading with the stars"....geeze...what sort of moron are you????:confused:

#16     Apr 20, 2007
  7. The bravado continues in this thread amongst a bunch of frustrated hedge fund managers, critics and gurus.

#17     Apr 20, 2007
  8. I love CNBC... they help my maintain my bullish market stance since 2003!!

they keep me on the right side of the market baby $$$

#18     Apr 20, 2007
  9. Reruns of Planet Earth and Sunrise Earth with the mute on can do wonders for your thought process while trading.

Don't laugh, just try it :)

#19     Apr 20, 2007
  10. You're using the name of a well known, highly successful trader who hasn't been in college in nearly 30 years. And yet, you say you're a big time trader who learned about trading from the internet back at the old alma mater just seven years ago.

When you're sipping Cristal and talking book sales with the all the big kahunas, do you pretend you're Paul Tudor Jones? It all strikes me as weird and confusing. :confused:

#20     Apr 20, 2007