Turning $58 into $5,800,000

Discussion in 'Journals' started by exaltedangel09, Dec 5, 2009.

1. exaltedangel09

exaltedangel09 Guest

This is real. Call me crazy, but I have a crazy system. It's quantitative in nature and returns 24% a year. However I am going to leverage myself up with options and return 400-600% a year. DD will be extremely high. I don't care. My risk is $58 + transaction costs.

Are you ready to see $58 turn into 5.8 million dollars in 2-4 years?!

The first trade of MANY

Trade 1
    Dec 3 2009
    Long Two 115 spy calls contracts at 0.29

Exit:
    I'm planning to set my limit order at $1.00. It should get hit in 6-9 trading days. I have a stop at 3 cents.

2. Get Rich Quick scams are one thing. This is downright stupid. I wonder how low ET can fall, attracting idiots from all walks of life. I wouldn't exactly call this place inspiring but at least it was considered educational at one time. Now it caters more to those who aspire to become stand-up comedians than traders.

3. Yes, 3 cents is a reasonable stop. That will leave you with $6 for candy.

4. l2tradr

l2tradr

I am waiting for traderzones to chime in and ask the OP for his system's sharpe ratio, sortino, max DD and a track record for 12 years (audited by the SEC and KPMG).
    :p

5. I'm short this.

6. hmcp

hmcp

Better to spend $58 on lottery tickets.

Phil

7. Lethn

Lethn

Sorry but the sad fact is you'd have a better chance of making millions doing trading than you would if you spent 1 million on lottery tickets.

At least in Trading you can have some form of say in how to better your chances in making money.

8. hmcp

hmcp

I am sure that is true but with one trade if the op is stopped out he only has $6 left . I dont know the odds of the lottery just guessing its pretty close to he same as turning $58 into5800000.

Phil

9. clacy

clacy

Every couple of weeks someone in the US wins the powerball or megamillions.

Although the odds are horrible, I doubt they are worse than taking $58 into $5.8mm

10. hmcp

hmcp

OK with powerball or megamillions atleast someone wins every couple of weeks. How many people have tried to multiply trading accounts by 1000x it doesnt happen every couple of weeks.

Phil

#10     Dec 5, 2009