Turning $27K into $1,000,000 in only 9 months...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Marc to Market, Apr 5, 2009.

Do you think I'm full of it?

1. Yes

125 vote(s)
    74.9%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    24.6%
  1. Extended my winning streak to 9 straight with a pretty stellar day. I gambled a little bit in the pre-market by shorting the financials and insisting that the huge move to the upside was exaggerated. I quickly covered on the open for a small profit. I then showed discipline and restraint by not touching them at all for the rest of the day. Instead I went back to trading my edge and stuck to my game plan. I'm glad I did that instead of gambling.

[​IMG]

#51     Apr 9, 2009
  2. Eight

Eight

The discipline to not trade is sooooo important. I never screen trade because I'm working out automated things... and I suck at screen trading really, so today I traded the YM in a sim account for a few hours... zillion trades, down about fifty bucks for all my efforts, could have made a few hundred with just two transactions and quit at noon... I'm going to master this thing just so I can say I did...

#52     Apr 9, 2009
  3. bgp

bgp

marc, let me know when you wake up ? :)

bgp

#53     Apr 9, 2009
  4. Eight

Eight

Dow Mini Future contract.

#54     Apr 9, 2009
  5. what stocks did you trade? post the p&l for those. if you could post your execution times and prices that would be good too.

#55     Apr 10, 2009
  6. How about I just wire you some $$$?

Come on man, you don't really expect me to divulge trade secrets do you? Maybe idiots in other journal threads will, but I certainly will not.

I started this journal because it motivates me to do well by continually updating it at the end of each trading day and showing off to everyone. It also deters me from gambling since I don't want to give in to all of the haters and bashers. I did not create it to discuss all of my trades and have a bunch of people attempt to piggy back them.

#56     Apr 10, 2009
  7. Corelio

Corelio

:p :p :p

#57     Apr 10, 2009
  8. john33

john33

nice

#58     Apr 10, 2009
  9. d08

d08

This says it all.

#59     Apr 10, 2009
  10. LOL, +1. :D

Based on this and some other posts, you're beginning to get some cred.

I understand about why you wanted to create a thread like this, but the way I deal with discipline problems is not allow myself to trade X amount of days if I break my rules.

This way I just have to sit on my hands and deal with it when my "monkeys of the mind" start jumping around ... but hey, good luck with it.

P.S. Just in case you're wondering, I'll still drop-in to bash you every now and then to keep you on point. :p

#60     Apr 10, 2009