Turning 2.5k into 100k

Discussion in 'Journals' started by bretddog, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Why do you keep trolling behind spanish89?

Hey you know what? You're nuts! ... to any newbie reading his posts, when NasdaqPlayer starts criticizing spanish89, that's when it's time to start paying attention to what spanish89 has to say!

Maybe NDP will stop playing around his computer and get back to doing his college homework, LOL.

#51     Sep 25, 2008
  2. Based on what you just posted, what you are saying is that you quit your job before you were ready, and currently are floundering and not sure what direction you should be going in.

Your best bet is to:
    a) tighten-up your discipline,
    b) start keeping a really good diary of your trading day,
    c) go to sim trading ,and
    d) stop pissing away your stash.

You should not go back to trading live again until you've been able to:
    a) triple your money three times in a row,
    b) trading is second nature, and
    c) just a steady process of
    ---> i. managing risk,
    ---> ii. capital accumulation, and
    ---> iii. compounding your steady gains.

Will you listen to me?

Hell no, but good luck anyway.

#52     Sep 25, 2008
  3. well, how big are these feathers you speak of?

hey how about this title,

Burning 100k into 2.5k

#53     Sep 25, 2008
  4. with 2000$ you can buy a crystal ball
    and then try to trade with 500$????:confused:

#54     Sep 25, 2008
  5. 2k for a crystal ball!?!?! im assuming it at least tells time or somethin

#55     Sep 26, 2008
  6. I took a look at your posts for the last couple of days just to see what was happening and if I could point something out to you.

Wed, Sept 24th was a choppy day and anyone could have had a bad day on that one. The early morning had a downwards bias and the afternoon had an upwards bias. The best you can get out of that is about 10-20 YM pts and give it a break.

Thur, Sept 25th was all up though. Hell you could have bought anything, anywhere and basically made money.

If you didn't, you really shouldn't be trading live.

Consider this to be an audition.

While you haven't failed, you definitely aren't ready to actually trade yet.

#56     Sep 26, 2008

7. lol

Cheers mate.. :)

And for the thread starter, if you do want tips on how to start making consistent profit when trading, you don't even have to have me say anything t you directly...,
    but just checkout my daily trading journal where from £2,400 i hit 5% - 10% profit per day, each day, at £1 t £2 per tick.

(This week im about to double up the account!!) :D

So even if you may hate me, there are ALOT of good tips in there.
    Cos i genuinely dont like seeing newbies lose their money, cos i know how bad it feels to.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134046&perpage=6&pagenumber=69

#57     Sep 26, 2008
  8. bretddog

bretddog

[​IMG]

#58     Sep 26, 2008
  9. bretddog

bretddog

I know it's a bit stupid to talk about the potential of my system when I can't show the results for it, but actually both Wednesday and Thursday was great days for my system. However, as you see I get rather few signals per day, so if I miss them I'm kind of stuck.

#59     Sep 26, 2008
  10. bretddog

bretddog

Thanks for constructive response,
    a) I know, discipline is my main problem at the moment
    b) This is part of my diary, and obviously I have many things to improve on the basis of my last days personal evaluation.
    c) Plan to go to sim trading if dipping 2k. I have been sim trading successfully for some weeks, allthough I must admit I then traded with 3 contracts and a little different scale out system. And also I had a period in between where I tested out a slightly different trading method. This was probably not too smart, and is likely why I currently am 2nd-guessing my signals in the heat.

I'm totally with you on this. Wil incorporate such if I switch back to sim-trading, which may be soon. Giving myself one day more as a test of death. Goal for today is not to pass on any signal.

#60     Sep 26, 2008