Turning 2.5k into 100k

Discussion in 'Journals' started by bretddog, Sep 24, 2008.

1. This is either one of two things:

o A prankster or paper trader, in which case, we will get false reports whatever ( we have seen many of these people)

o A new trader, who somehow suspects he will overcome the 95% of newer traders who lose their money. Make that the 99% who will lose only by starting with $2500.

Multiply that by being in the 1/10,000,000 or worse who will do the kind of multiplication he projects

Summation - wishing him luck? He will need a miracle... shoulda kept the job.

#21     Sep 24, 2008
  2. I totally believe he can do it...totally!!!...he can make $100 per day and that is better than a $10 per hour job!! at 8 hours per day!!...best to you!

#22     Sep 24, 2008
  3. epetrov

epetrov

Good luck!

#23     Sep 24, 2008
  4. important to note that at different times or even during more active trading the YM can throw some big bid/ask spreads at you...like 2-5 points...and this is during regular trading hours 9:30am-4:00pm New york time

#24     Sep 24, 2008
  5. niting

niting

You can definitely make it $100k but i think you have inadequate capital.

Trading is fun though.

I started with $100k. Within a year, i was down to $20k. After 3 years, i am back to $125k.

#25     Sep 24, 2008
  6. Trading the market is not about believing....I have met and heard on many believers that they could do it, and the majority have failed. h

He would have better success if he gets a job...he saids that he has money to tie him for one year...his subconcious is already in play...that he has less than 1 year to succeed....and so his conscious mind will comimtt errors.

Should he have a job where he does not have to rely on the market to make him succeed, then his subconscious mind will be at peace, knowing he does NOT have a time frame to succeed and his conscious mind will make good trades.

I understand, where believe comes into play. Believing that one is going to be a better salesman, a better student, a better father, a better mother, a better person...but the MARKET does not care about your believe...it is always in motion and nevers rest. Having fatith, beleive, prayer what ever you call it...his odds will be greater if he gets a jobs and does this part time.

So the questions to be asked, why not take the odds that are greater?

#26     Sep 24, 2008
  7. bretddog

bretddog

:)
    I really enjoy reading your posts.

Sure 95% don't make it. But that means we have 5% who succeed. That's 5 out of a 100, 15 out of a class of 300. Those odds are really not that bad.

Compulsive:
    While many believers will not make it, I'm pretty sure that no-one who didn't believe ever has. You can't discredit that. You gotta have it.. and it gotta be real.

#27     Sep 24, 2008
  8. good one...slam dunk...:p

#28     Sep 24, 2008
  9. amazing...was the loss to $20k from $100K borderline devastating?how did you ever make it back?...was this $100,000 just "play money" or "whatever" money so it did not really matter?...

#29     Sep 24, 2008