Turning 2.5k into 100k

Discussion in 'Journals' started by bretddog, Sep 24, 2008.

1. bretddog

bretddog

Thanks Neoxx!!

I do have some experience trading the YM. Tried before without success. Live in Europe, so if I wanted, I could have a job too, but need to trade full-time in order to be serious.

#11     Sep 24, 2008
  2. bretddog

bretddog

Appretiate it!
    Wish you the best too!
    Don't trade more than you afford to loose.

#12     Sep 24, 2008
  3. bretddog

bretddog

hi,

1 contract at the moment. Probably keep this until balance at 5k.

#13     Sep 24, 2008
  4. booking

booking

why not turn it into 200,000 or even $1m??

In fact pull a random figure out of the air because it's such a pie-in-the-sky figure anyway.

#14     Sep 24, 2008
  5. bretddog

bretddog

Do you think my chances increase if I aim for 0 ?

#15     Sep 24, 2008
  6. 892king

892king

wow, I didn't expect this to be my first post.
    Although it depends on what your job was, you shouldn't quit.
    Good luck w/ your trading anyway.

#16     Sep 24, 2008
  7. Neoxx

Neoxx

I think it's possible to be serious without trading full-time.

I also live in Europe; I tweaked a 5-day work-week to Mon, Tue, Thur (daytime and overnight) and Saturday. So I get two whole and two half weekdays to daytrade/week, and run a double-time Sim on Sundays. Also squeeze in some early AM exercise, and some market research during work, time allowing. Sure, it can make social life a little more challenging, but it's certainly doable.

Work hard, Play hard. :p

#17     Sep 24, 2008
  8. bretddog

bretddog

Neoxx,

I'm sure it's very possible, and understandably often many benifits too, on the mental level of trading. However in my case the job just took too much of my time. Lots of overtime, even though totally my choice I was kind of stuck with it in my position. so it pissed me off that I couldn't focus on trading like I wanted. So from that situation, to quit was a great relief. If it's smart I'm not gonna say. But this is what I want, so I'm just doing it.

#18     Sep 24, 2008
  9. Neoxx

Neoxx

Kudos.

All the best.

#19     Sep 24, 2008

10. Aloha mate..

Im not gna tell you that your goal is impossible to do or try to tell you that you shouldn't do it,
    cos its your own cash, +i have done and continue to do similar.

For me i started after many many months and months of trading everyday with real money and just losing, while looking at trading form every angle an dspending every day and night on trading forums and chatting to traders...

I then started completely fulltime all day everyday when i left college back in july, as i then didnt have to just bunk college to trade or try trading while at college... lol

I started with £750 capital, all teh money i had in the world, by mid august i had built that up to £5,590, 5 weeks, traidng at just £1 per tick only.

I then withdrew just over £3,000, and moved into a luxury new apartment, paying 3months rent in-advance, + over £1k security deposit.

Restarted trading mid september, after having to take 2weeks off for furniture delivery n stuff, and afterstreadily making £800 last week in the 2days i worked, just to lose it all in 1 very unlucky trade..
    This week ive hit back very hard n fast, still at only £1 t £2 per tick, and am now over £1,000 profit so far this week.
    (tahst when scalping with a 12pips spread even!)

So you can make a living out of an account of just £2,500, but there is are a few things that you have to do in order to achieve it and not just lose all the money.

1. You need to not focus on 'making this much by end of the year', but instead just focus on daily - weekly targets, saying i will make this many 100s quid this week for the enxt few weeks and so will build my capital up tothis level...

Because building up capital to a decent level should be your main and most important target.

#20     Sep 24, 2008