Turning $15K credit card debt into financial freedom

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Redsails, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Jeeezus....try blowing a smaller account that is your money and not a loan. At least try to make this a successful endeavor. Put in some time to give yourself at least a little better odds and don't just treat this like an expensive lottery ticket.

#41     Jun 19, 2016
  2. You're trading forex right? Get your job back, and trade tiny with somewhere like Oanda and learn what you are doing. Then try this credit card route maybe.

#42     Jun 19, 2016
  3. Redsails

Redsails

Which part of the statement do you want to see?

I trade exclusively EUR.USD pair. I am planning to describe my trades in detail from the very beginning in coming days.

Examples of bad trades I made: on May NFP release I bought EUR after its spike but then it went down and I lost. When the June NFP report was released EUR jumped up 100 pips, and this time I sold EUR 150K thinking that it will go down quickly, but the next moment it jumped up again by 80 pips and I lost $1.2K

During FOMC decision last week I did not do anything at all. So I am learning from my mistakes ))

#43     Jun 20, 2016
  4. i960

i960

Troll thread. C'mon guys - it's not that hard to fake an IB statement.

#44     Jun 20, 2016
    K-Pia and Zr1Trader like this.
  5. Redsails

Redsails

Ok, I just made a trade: bought EUR 150K at 1.1378. Put a stop at 1.13695. I wanted to not sleep this night and start trading after London opens, but after a week of waking up at 2:30am every night I got tired. I decided to sleep tonight. Let's see what the morning will bring me. Pretty excited, I never did it before.

#45     Jun 20, 2016
  6. i960

i960

Even though I know this is total trollville, why the hell would you be buying *right here*? Go look at a chart, if anything you'd be wanting to gamble on, it'd be selling here.

And stop trading 150k EURUSD on a 10k account.

#46     Jun 20, 2016
    JackRab likes this.
  7. Trading for "excitement" is a big red flag.

#47     Jun 20, 2016
    JackRab likes this.
  8. i960

i960

So exciting he just got stopped out.

#48     Jun 20, 2016
  9. To justify trading with the 15:1 leverage, your must have Sharpe ratio of at least 2. Your Sharpe is negative (since you have already lost 30% of your account).

#49     Jun 20, 2016
  10. JackRab

JackRab

Your NAV for instance, with dates... and your MTM performance.

You say in your first comment you started trading 3 weeks ago... May NFP is 6 weeks ago, so how can you have traded that?
    Also, when you only trade forex, say 150k euro per trade... that's $10 roundtrip fees... so $1700 in fees is 170 roundtrips... in 3 weeks? For a beginning trader?

Then you say you're "excited" because your overnight trade of 150k....

Again... BS

#50     Jun 20, 2016