Turn your back for a minute...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Apr 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "OBNOXIOUS and IMMATURE"

The perfect qualifications for success in daytrading.

#11     Apr 17, 2002
  2. If this board were a stock I'd be short. Hitman's departure might be the "catalyst" for the final plunge down to delisted land.

Might not be a popular thing to say but I think this board is going to fade away to nothing sometime within the next six months- right about the time that hopes for a recovery go down the drain, and people wake up to the fact that we are in a real bear market for the first time since before who's the boss and family ties hit the TV set. Lack of ad revenues and lack of participation will snowball 'til its bye bye ET.

Only the pros will be left standing by the time 2003 rolls around. If you don't know how to trade the short side and grind it out in month after month of slop n' chop, learn how as soon as you can- or start browsing the want ads and polishing up the ol' resume.

:D

#12     Apr 17, 2002
  3. Actually, Elitetrader was alive and thriving long before Hitman came here last year (I've been around since August of 1999), and long before there were commercial sponsors. It will still be here as long as there are traders who wish to ask questions, exchange information and share experiences about trading. Membership may ebb and flow, but every day there are traders who fail and get out and new traders who are just starting.

For those missing Hitman's journals here, there is no reason others can't post their journals. I'd do one, but it would be rather boring, as I'm usually more of a swing trader with 1 week time frames or longer for a trade, and I trade alone and not at a firm.

#13     Apr 17, 2002
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

For those who claim the sky is falling, it ain't. While I enjoyed Hitman's journal when it stuck to trading, I was never fond of the relentless WorldCo recruiting. And I may be in the minority on the "princess" issue, but I've never been fond of those discussions either, and often found them embarrassing in how he allows himself to be treated.

Long before Hitman came to ET I heard endless tales about the princess over at MSN. In fact, when Hitman first came here he made a point telling me that ET was more professional and businesslike, and that he would be leaving all princess stories out of his daily journal. So what he did was post the "full" journal first at MSN, then edit it down to just trading information and post that version at ET. This went on for quite some time here, but slowly the WorldCo and princess discussions crept in....and some would say took over. Anyway, I'm sure ET will survive just fine despite the doomsayers.

#14     Apr 17, 2002
  5. A business that is indifferent to its source of revenue?

Methinks the moderators might be talking their position...

In all seriousness though, I'm not a doomsayer, just a dude. I have no personal stake or desire to see ET bite the dust, and you may very well be right. Just callin' 'em like I sees 'em...:D

#15     Apr 18, 2002
  6. It is awful slow and subdued around here lately...

#16     Apr 18, 2002
  7. .....and the DOW will hit 20,000 by next year.....:D

#17     Apr 18, 2002
  8. nitro

nitro

Hitman is a valuable resource to beginning daytraders. He gives them a glimpse as to what it is like to trade for a living as a daytrader at a "prop" firm. He spiced it up with his princess stories, and therefore gave it a human element.

I have been in an "academic" environment that later turned into a hard core business with CEO's, boards, etc. Once it did that, the character of the place changed. I did not survive the change at that time (I was pretty young.)

Hitman didn't really change (although he got a little out of hand,) ET changed. Neither is wrong for it, just the "relationship" no longer "works."

It is immature to say that he didn't contribute greatly to ET. It is also bad business to let him continue as he did...

nitro

#18     Apr 18, 2002

9. who gives a sh&t, just f'ing trade, take care of yourself, your neighbors, your loved ones. do good. listen to trex, roses and the white stripes. all people should know is bill maher is an ugly motherf&cker with a big nose who breathes free air.

#19     Apr 19, 2002
  10. I have been here for about 2 months and I have noticed a wide spectrum as far as quality or lack of quality in the various threads...That being said, the quality has diminished over the past month...

I have also noticed far more threads that are seeking introductory information...I honestly hope the site does not become that...Many have gone that path...They start with a core group of traders who exchange ideas, insights and experiences and end up being a basic online text of Trading 101...

#20     Apr 19, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.