Turkish Stock Market

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ozzy, Jun 16, 2006.

1. ozzy

ozzy

Hi Kenten

Thanks for the advice would you recommend Ayatarim over deltamenkul + IBS Realtrade. I'm currently living in Bodrum but will come to Istanbul in a week or so.

A few more questions.

1. can you trade US/European futures through those brokers?
    2. How do taxes work in Turkey (I was told you were taxed immediately on winners, but no tax credit was given on losses)

Thanks

#11     Jun 16, 2006
  2. kenten

kenten

ayatirim is one big company . i once had diffuculty with their costumer service. i am still paying around %0,015 commision altough ayatirim offers %0,005.
    i dont know much about deltayatirim. if u have to choose between two i wld go for ayatirim.

u can trade us/europen futures with these brokers but i heard their commissions and ask bid spread are too big for reasonable trading. fx trading is new and same high commission/wide spread situation exist there.

tax is immediate %15 of net profit in winners . inside every quarter u receive credit for losses. which i did last week:( . if your winners is bigger in one quarter and losers bigger another, you receive credit but this time u have to do some paperwork.

that is to my best knowledge which may be wrong. i hope that will be helpfull

#12     Jun 17, 2006
  3. don't waste your time, trade a liquid market and one that is also shortable.

If you want to trade the Turkish market trade TKF in the US or the Turkish ADRs. Remember, illiquid markets are the most unfair markets in the world.

#13     Jun 17, 2006
  4. ozzy

ozzy

I can't say whether or not they're liquid just yet. I'll be trading other products/futures during european hours. Nothing wrong about looking into other markets/opportunities.

#14     Jun 17, 2006
  5. ozzy

ozzy

Tesekkurler Kenten

I'll look into the broker you mentioned.

#15     Jun 17, 2006