Turkey taken to the woodshed!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Of course it is not. It's not a good news for you either, it's not a good news for anyone. Turkey abandoning the Ataturk legacy, becoming more and more autocratic and fundamentalist, getting in bed with Iran, Syria and Hamas is a very bad news for the entire world, especially for Israel...and Turkey.

#71     Jun 20, 2010
  2. I was thinking primarily of these so called friends of Israel and their threats about changing their stance on the Armenian Genocide. By doing so, they openly state that they've been ignoring a genocide because the Israeli lobby asked them to, which isn't all that better than ignoring the Holocaust.

Beyond that, these senators and congressmen are demonstrating how disproportionately powerful the Israeli lobby is. They leave now doubt that they primarily serve the AIPAC and not the American people. Ten years ago, they would have gotten away with it. Today they won't. This type of politics will either hurt the Israeli lobby and Israel by large, or it will hurt the standing of the US in the world, which will also hurt Israel.

As for Turkey turning on their longtime ally, I agree it's not good for any part, but Israel has really left them no choice. European countries are condemning the actions of Israel for Gods sake, it's a miracle a Muslim nation like Turkey has lasted this long.

This has nothing to do with the legacy of Atatürk

#72     Jun 20, 2010
  3. Are you kidding? How old are you anyway to be so naive? When Turkey was an ally it was treated as an ally and needless to say the politicians and the public (both Israeli and American) were willing to overlook certain things. Now that Turkey chose to become Iranian/Syrian/Hamas ally it's going to be treated like a turkey - dumb stupid ugly bird, not like a friend. There is a price to pay for switching sides, everybody realizes that and I bet you the American people will applaud the decision to recognize the Armenian genocide regardless of what caused the change of heart. No one expects politicians to be Mother Theresa, no reasonable person expects adversaries (who make secret nuclear deals with Iran) to be treated like friends.

LOL, according to your absurd logic if the congress recognizes the Armenian genocide the american public will immediately realize that all american politicians are in the pockets of the jewish lobby. What a dumb and antisemitic idea to believe that the US is Israel's bitch and that the recognition of the genocide will somehow make others believe in your delusions.

#73     Jun 20, 2010
  4. Turkey has not become an Iranian/Syrian/Hamas ally, Turkey has been trying to normalize relations with certain states and governments, without any luck. Obama has been trying to do this as well. Turkey also tried, together with Brazil, to figure out a solution to the Iran nuclear issue, which, if accepted would have helped out the US a whole lot.

Turkey has not been successful because the goals they tried to achieve are not in the interests of Israel. Normal relations between the US and Syria or the US and Iran would be horrible for Israel, because it would take them a step closer to be forced to accept the two-state solution, which would cause havoc amongst Israeli settler supporters and quite possibly ignite large scale civil unrest. Furthermore Israel would have to deal with the issue of refugees, with the demographic problem, with the partition of Jerusalem, etc. All in all, a horrible situation. Netanyahou understands this and he believes that Israel is best served by upholding the status quo; a little tension with its neighbours, some terrorist attacks now and then and Israel will stay strong and healthy for the time being.

The only problem is that he's wrong, status quo will not last. I bet you know as well as I do that Israel has not become any more brutal or violent during the past few years, they're doing what they've always been doing. In fact, as far as I can tell, they've even become somewhat more humane. Yet, large parts of the world seems to think Israel has changed, that they've become harsh and cold. What gives, do you think? Information is not what it used to be, we no longer rely on huge media corporations with an agenda for news, all the information is freely available to anyone with a computer and an Internet connection. Camcorders are being taken into Gaza, and the recordings gets out on YouTube hours after they're taken. Technology is a bitch.

This sudden turn by US politicians against Turkey will not cause the American people to figure things out instantaneously. Like I said, the average American is dumb as fuck. This is just another small issue that, together with a whole lot of other issues, like the establishment of Jstreet, like several books and articles that are highly critical of the situation getting recognition (ever since Mearsheimer & Walt), like comments by General Petraeus and General Clark, like the attacks on Charles Freeman, is causing the American public to slowly and steadily recognize that there's a fist up their ass. Even if the Israeli lobby manages to turn this, the world is seeing what's happening and loosing faith in the US. Russia and China are both eager to take some of the power the US enjoys today. I strongly doubt they'll be as friendly to Israel as the US has been.

#74     Jun 20, 2010
  5. Here goes phenomena with trans gender people! And now, we are witnessing another zionist fuck with the same obsession. My offer still stand zionist boy, should you wish to discuss your childhood and what made you obsessed with this particular life style.

Anyway, I have proved to everyone that you are, as always, a lying zionist! It turned out that your zionist entity perceives toys as a threat to your criminal entity. It turned out that Dragon was right all along.

#75     Jun 20, 2010
  6. I am not going to answer you boy. It is very clear who the low class COWARD. You are all talk and your type will only deserve sympothy.

#76     Jun 20, 2010
  7. Yawn! Seriously, long and boring nonsense, typical pipe dream of the European ultra-left about the [inevitable] decline of the American power and the rise of China and Russia. You've been dreaming about it for the last 100 years. Keep dreaming. We have another delusional clown here claiming that soon the world will be ruled by Brazil. His idea is about as credible as your hope on the rise of Russia which is literally falling apart and has never in its history been in worse shape than today.

For the record, the support of Israel in the US is near record high. I would advice you to spend less time on the internet to see for yourself but you're not in the US and with the muslim rape epidemic in Sweden and Norway you'd be well advised to stay inside and continue your virtual anti-zionist jihad.

#77     Jun 20, 2010
  8. For the last 100 years (or rather 50), we've been supporting the US. For the past decade, we've been fearing its decline. It's not a pipe dream, it's a warning. The US is flawed, no doubts about that, but a flawed US leading the world is better than the criminals in Russia or communists in China leading the world.

If you're not able to see that the US as we know it is in decline while Russia and China both are gaining territory, it wouldn't be much of a surprise. First I was arab, then I was marxist, then an anti-semite, then I was from Greenland or whatever. Now I'm an Ultra-leftist on a virtual anti-zionist jihad. Let me give you some advice. Don't expect to be able to understand an issue without having the appropriate amount of information about it. When you have very little information on an issue, don't try to fill in the blanks. Wait, gather more information, gather enough to cover most of the issue. THEN you can try to fill in the blanks.

In principle I belong to the far right. In practice, I'm apolitical, I don't vote. My country is run by leftists, but as it's doing very well, there's no point in fixing it.

#78     Jun 21, 2010
  9. Ricter

Ricter

phenomena is the banned homophox, isn't he?

#79     Jun 21, 2010