Tulsi Gabbard to join the dem clown parade

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TreeFrogTrader, Jan 11, 2019.

1. I hope Bannon is putting together funding for a Tulsi third party run.

#21     Jan 12, 2019
    TJustice and TreeFrogTrader like this.
  2. wildchild

wildchild

Whats this lady's story? I am not all that familiar with her.

#22     Jan 12, 2019
  3. UsualName

UsualName

Gabbard is a weird person going nowhere fast. I don’t know where she thinks her support would come from so she is in this for self promotion imo.

#23     Jan 12, 2019
  4. I said as well that I had no idea where her base is and that voters "will need an app to follow her positions."

Nevertheless you should not shoo her away prematurely. The dems need to have at least some candidates who are not repugnant.

#24     Jan 12, 2019
  5. UsualName

UsualName

Not repugnant to whom? Gabbard came onto the scene very hot then got really weird. I think she is more likely to end up in the Trump administration than anywhere else.

#25     Jan 12, 2019
  6. LacesOut

LacesOut

Wow. I don’t know her but I like her now.

#26     Jan 12, 2019
    TreeFrogTrader likes this.
  7. Heh, you lefties get twitchy very fast when one of your ilk goes off the DNC Reservation- Democrats- the Party of the Small Tent.

I have no idea where she fits in for dems or not. For your ilk to figure out. Just sayin it woud do your ilk no harm to mix it up a little. Bernie, Warren, Biden, etc ain't exactly gettin ya that "new car smell" that Barry said you need.

#27     Jan 12, 2019
    CaptainObvious likes this.
  8. If the Democrats really care about beating Trump in 2020 then Biden should be their top pick. Instead they are going to rip each other to shreds with identity politics in the primaries. The wide field is in a race to go as far left as possible. Biden and Beto will not have it easy.

It is almost as if I can hear them arguing with each other now:

"I bet I can offer more free healthcare and free college to undocumented people than YOU!" ....

"You are a white man and do not understand what being a Democrat and a woman of color is really about!" ...

"I bet I can abolish ICE faster than YOU!"...

"Can I get a shout-out from everyone in the room who wants free stuff!" ...

#28     Jan 12, 2019
    CaptainObvious likes this.
  9. In all honesty, Bernie should have learned from 2016 that he cannot win an election and it would be a sign of stupidity to even attempt again. He needs to....well fuck off.

Spending all day railing against Wall Street banks, offering to tax the rich and wanting college to be free is not going to get you the votes you actually need, they are just going to make the rich hypocritical city liberals pretend to care about those issues temporarily and disrupt the primaries for a little while.

One of my favorite lines from Tropic Thunder is what I would say to most Dem's campaign managers:

[​IMG]

#29     Jan 12, 2019
  10. I don't know about this Beto thing. The media has been rooting for him bigly- mostly to hurt Trump by trying to defeat Cruz- such that he has ended out with name recognition above his worthiness.

Seriously, to the rest of the country he is just a regional candidate, right? Big flap in Texas in a Beto vs. Cruz race and then he lost even though he got more money pumped into him than any other senate candidate in history. Okay, so what? Maybe someone can give me a reminder as to why he should get my attention if I am living in some other state or region?
    He is just an Andrew Gillum type who flares up in Florida bigtime for his 15 minutes of fame, then, boom, he is gone. Am I supposed to watch him have his teeth cleaned on instagram too?

To complicate things further for Beto, not only is he just a regional candidate, he now has a fellow texan in the race too- Julian Castro- to take a big bite out of his texas base. The media coverage got him some name recognition. Ahh, okay, so what, again. Michelle Obama and Oprah's name are up there too but that isnt headed anywhere. Just people fumbling around trying to name someone when a pollster asks them.

These clowns need to work out on the trail for quite a while before I even acknowledge them.

#30     Jan 12, 2019
    MoneyMatthew likes this.