Tulip trend ( futures )fund classes down 10-12 % in May

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ASusilovic, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Rimping

Rimping

Don't despair. I am just human.

But you are right, they are a trendfollowing fund. Not too good by the way. Their max DD is a little too high in relation to their annual growth rate. But still they make more money than most as it appears.

#21     Jun 12, 2010
  2. So you wouldn't be bothered by losing up to 32% last month? After all, "they make more money than most" -- right?

My friend, trust me -- if you were a grown-up, with a sizable real $ account with them, you'd see this much differently.

#22     Jun 12, 2010
  3. Rimping

Rimping

Could you google this for me as well, where it says that Superfund lost 32% last month? :)

In the article you quote, it just says they lost 24% in 2009 and 6.9% in the five months ending May. Or do you mean put together? Then it would be a little over 32% since the beginning of 2009 up until now.
    Such DD's do exist with trendfollowing. If you can't stand the heat don't come in the kitchen. I don't want to defend Superfund by the way. As I said there max drawdown is too large for their annual growth rate.

I trade my own funds with some self developped trendfollowing systems. Last year I was down 29.57%. But this year I am a litte up sofar 6.82%. Last month May 2010 was exeptionally good.
    My maxDD has been 48.72% but my overall annual growth rate has been 41.88%. That is calculated over 135 months up and including may this year.
    Everything with real money and I live from it (in Thailand).
    Beying down almost half your networth is not very pleasant but I can stand it because as I said somewhere before, these huge DD's occur mostly after having been hugely up. So you are giving back profits. But being in a big big drawdown can make you feel bad, I know. But I manage to detach myself myself from the swings in my equity more and more I notice. May be I grow up at last then. :)

#23     Jun 13, 2010
  4. #24     Jun 14, 2010