Tuesday 11:10

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Walther, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tea

Tea

A bit prickly there Walther.

I thought this thread was about market movement calls based on time analysis for today, Tuesday? Is this a read-only, only-Walther thread?

Perhaps there is some professional jealousy here, no? My Tuesday call was wildly successful, and yours was.....shall we say.... less so, no?

Perhaps if you double smoothed your analysis (for double the result) you would be successful too, no? :D

P.S. - your name is spelled Walther, not Walter - as you spelled it in the above reply, no?

#21     Jul 29, 2003
  2. 11:10 call was good for me because I know how to trade it.Trading Time indicates when 80% + possibility exist for a trade to be profitable.
    Then you just look for a confirmation signal from proven trading method. If you trade divergence, you look for a divergence, if you trade a breakout, you look for a breakout . If there is no signal within time specified by confirming method, there is no trade. Go back to shooting pool, play with the dog or a girlfriend and relax . There is another 80%+ opportunity coming. And I know when it is coming.
    And that is killing you..

#22     Jul 29, 2003
  3. Unless you can also call the strength of the move, then your calls are meaningless. What does it take for you to be right? A 1 point move? The market is constantly bouncing around.

If you cannot call the strength of the move, then you need to be more accurate....

If you can do neither of these, then you should post your trade decision at the exact time your call hits.... not afterwards. Anyone can give a time, then after that time, say you should have done this this and this and give technical reasons why. He could then reason that with basic TA knowledge, the time he gave was of value...

The reason I can say this to you is that I based an entire trading strategy on time... without taking price into consideration. The time must be so accurate that it falls on a reversal bar. Then you have to know what the minimum strength will be to exit.

My experience with this strategy was that I was buying as the market was falling. Or selling as it was rallying. Was dangerous because I would have full positions on losers, and only partial positions on winners. I basically broke even on the trading because I had a high win rate.... My point is that you don't seem to have enough rules to your system or strategy or how to play your calls.... you are vague vague vague. If you can clearly state the strength, the accuracy, and the method for determining direction, then you have something of value....

As an example, when my time came for making a trade, I took a trade in the opposite direction of the candle. So if the candle made a new high, i was shorting. There was no time zone.... it was an exact time. Also I exited on the close of the next bar, or 2 ES points, whichever was reached first. If I was wrong, i exited on the next bar, as the candle broke the previous high.

Eventually I moved on to better systems... ones that suit my personality more. I have done alot with geometry and time signals so if you want to discuss anything, I will be happy to.

Good luck.
    Beast

#23     Jul 29, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Ah, so the afternoon call was a different time zone? :D

Walter, if you want to be admired for your "great calls" (if and when they occur), then you have to be prepared to take a little heat when they turn out to be worthless, which, as it turns out, is most of the time. Otherwise, stop painting a target on your chest.

#24     Jul 29, 2003
    #25     Jul 29, 2003
  6. You have to face reality that you just do not have what is take to be succesfull. Go and latch yourself on somebody who can tolerate your ignorance. Even Johny fired you as a chief brown nose.

I can take the heat, ask Johnny Rotten, stupidity is what is causing me physical pain and you have supplied enough of it to be ignored forever on from now.

#26     Jul 29, 2003
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

inconlusive, may be I'm in wrong biz

#27     Jul 29, 2003
  8. Tea

Tea

Ouch! That hurts you German stormtrooper.

I have nothing against you Wather-Walter. Was just having some fun.

It may be possible to create a small fortune trading on signals produced by time analysis, as you do - but you have to start with a large fortune. :D

So, with that said, I am going to retreat to my corner and nurse the wound you have inflicted on me with your harsh comments.
    :(

#28     Jul 29, 2003
  9. on this kook:)

He's huge!!!! Sure, he's clearly fooled by randomness -- but send him 'yo meats and cheeses anyway!!!!

(the "time zone" comment was priceless! next time he'll tell you you need a special "decoder" to actually figure out what times he really means)!

:eek:

Oh, and here are my times to watch (for today and EVERY FREAKIN DAY):

1. First 2 hours
    2. Last 2 hours

I came up with these figures via a complicated LaPlace Transform model based on laminar flow of data through porous Kipler media. I also plan on setting up a website where users can access these trading times on a daily basis for $29.99/month. (Gold membership which supplies "real-time" transmission of these times will be 79.99).

Visit me at:

www.[url]http://Trading-Times-For-Douche-Bags.com[/url]
    :p

#29     Jul 29, 2003
  10. You have nailed it right on the nose. You have proved to every doubting Thomas that predicting can be done .
    Great job and thank you for a contribution.
    Walter

#30     Jul 29, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.