Tudor Documentary

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by trendtrader, Sep 15, 2005.

1. From where can you legitimately buy it?

#11     Sep 15, 2005
  2. I dont believe anywhere. Supposedly, PTJ himself wanted to take the video out of distribution. I dont believe Traders Press has sold it in many years.

So you're only option is to contact the ever elusive MarketSpammer and haggle over a price.

#12     Sep 15, 2005
  3. jem

jem

I wonder if what market spammer is doing is even a violation of copyright law. Especially if he were not charging.

He is an educator and it could be argued that under fair use one could make copies for education or private review.

So making free copies might not be infringement, especially in light of the fact that the copyright holder is not even exploiting his right of copyright.

By the way I bring this up as a legal exercise I am not saying sell his tapes and make money off them. I heard he is good guy. (From my neighbor who is related to him.) How is that for name dropping.

#13     Sep 15, 2005
  4. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=711421&highlight=tudor+tape#post711421

#14     Sep 15, 2005
  5. Only those with common sense will be able to locate where they can get the tape. Just like the markets its all about finding value where others havent .

#15     Sep 15, 2005
  6. Hey i have it !

For $150 and you pay the shipping I will send you my copy(or two :D ).

I paid $300 from surfer for the tape but it was worth every penny imo.

#16     Sep 15, 2005
  7. I didnt pay a cent.

#17     Sep 15, 2005
  8. And since you previously disclosed that you have a copy, then those with "common sense" should go to you? But shouldn't common sense also cause a person to ask what possible value, aside from entertainment value, someone can hope to get from a mainstream interview? I have not seen the tape, so I am only guessing. I enjoyed PTJ's interview in Schwager's Market Wizards, but I certainly wouldn't overpay for a bootleg copy of the transcript. Further, since Schwager is familiar with the markets, I would surmise that his interview of PTJ probably had more value. Again, just guessing. Somehow, I doubt that the PTJ tape is carelessly sprinkled with gold for those "lucky few" who can get their hands on a bootleg copy. Of course, not surprisingly, those with something to sell either overtly or covertly, may voice a different opinion.

#18     Sep 15, 2005
  9. Im not selling it or saying it has the holy grail. Im just saying its a must see. Just like I would suggest reading various trading books.

#19     Sep 15, 2005