Tuco trading in San Diego, CA

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by hughb, Jan 15, 2008.

1. hughb

hughb

A few times they have placed ads on Craig's List that were "help wanted" type ads and they ended up being taken down by Craig's List. If they are placing help wanted type ads that are being yanked I guess it's because they must be demanding deposits up front? Sounds pretty shady for day trading firms to be asking for traders on the pretense of employment. I searched "tuco" on here and found a few people that trade there, but they only communicate about the firm in PM's.

2. lescor

lescor

I am a remote trader manager with Tuco and answer questions about the firm by pm because they are not a sponsor on Elite Trader and this site's advertising policy is that only paid sponsors can solicit and sell their products and services here. I am a long time ET member and want to respect the rules.

Many firms place ads on craigslist. It's just another way to get your name out there and attract new business. I don't know anything about the ads, but Tuco is a solid shop with a good reputation.

Corey

3. I trade through them remote and have been with them for 2 years. Solid firm and have never had a problem, nor have I heard of any traders who have. Not sure about the Craigslist ad but I've never seen the one you are describing.

4. hughb

hughb

OK, that's good to know. I'm not thinking about joining a prop, but it's just something that's been in the back of my mind from time to time. Bright used to have an office out here a long time ago. If I ever think about it more seriously maybe I'll shoot you guys a PM.