TT X_Trader 7.x Vs. TT 6.x

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Bernard111, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Are you experiencing slower response when you are trying to delete existing orders and also placing multiple orders on MD after upgrading to TT 7.x?

It seems especially true when trying to place with several mouse clicks multiple orders or when you are trying to delete multiple limit orders placed at the same price.

My hardware setup is fully compliant (and exceeds) with TT hardware specs:
    http://forums.tradingtechnologies.com/showthread.php?t=30

- What's your experience?

#31     Jan 16, 2007
  2. UP?!

Anyone trades with TT 7.x w/ XTAPI 7.1.7 package 119 (the latest released last December)?
    :eek:

#32     Jan 18, 2007
  3. Out of curiosity, why didn't you keep the prior version on a different computer and use it if the new TT 7.x acted quirky ???

Mark

#33     Jan 18, 2007
  4. Yes, I use the latest API (v 7.1.7.36.119) to link TT data to Excel for real time analysis; however, I don't execute orders through the API. I'm not experiencing performance issues.

#34     Jan 18, 2007
  5. Good question!...but my access to TT 6.x has been disabled after the upgrade to 7: they want to switch all the users to 7.x.

#35     Jan 18, 2007
  6. seanfinn

seanfinn

Bernard,

What issues are you experiencing with xtapi 7.1.7?

Is it slower or less reliable than 6x? Are you loosing orders or fills?

#36     Jan 24, 2007
  7. Simply slower, no missing fills; sometimes its happens I place several orders with single clicks and if I then try to remove all the orders at the same price level, 1 order remains on MD...(again, sometimes..)

#37     Jan 25, 2007
  8. seanfinn

seanfinn

Are you talking about an application you developed using XTAPI or XTrader?

If anything, xtapi 7x should be much faster for prices, orders, and fills. Stability was a problem in the earlier versions, but they have been ironing out all of those that they find.

#38     Jan 25, 2007
  9. I am glad I noticed this thread. I told my buddy not to switch to version 7 for now, he's sticking with 6. Thanks for sharing everyone.

P.S. Bernard- sorry about the delay on NT question. I have never used TT pro, just seen some screenshots and have talked to others whom have used it. I use NT for trailing stops, which you can't get in X Trader basic without the plugs-in, which I don't trust.

#39     Jan 25, 2007
  10. No, simply XTrader 7.x

#40     Jan 26, 2007