TT X_Trader 7.x Vs. TT 6.x

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Bernard111, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Is this happening with forex trades or with futures?

#11     Nov 26, 2006
  2. EW,

Did you ever use it with version 6? If so was it stable and reliable? The only reason I use Ninja Trader at this point is that it does things TT Pro can do at a much lower cost. I had thought about going back to X Trader basic with the OCO plug in, but your post makes me concerned :( .

#12     Nov 26, 2006
  3. Generally speaking, it makes sense to wait a minimum of twelve months before upgrading to a new major software release, e.g. v6.x to v7.x. Especially for a software tool that is mission critical.

Assuming the new version 7 features described in the attached doc are not requirements for you, I would stay on X_Trader version 6.x for a while longer. This will give them time to iron out wrinkles with the Plug-ins, etc. X_Trader v7 was released Jan 2006. If you need it, their web site has the docs describing 'What's New' in versions 7.2 and 7.3.

#13     Nov 26, 2006
  4. Hi 5Pillars. I only trade futures on X_Trader, so I can't say if the problem also exists on TT's spot currency connection via Hotspot. I have traded Hotspot directly and they have their own problems, but that's another story.

#14     Nov 26, 2006
  5. Thanks....for some reason I thought you traded Forex....my bad.

I myself am using XTrader6 at this time and I am not going to move over to 7 until it seems that everyone is onboard and the system is stable (XStudy included).

#15     Nov 26, 2006
  6. Dandxg, haven't run the OCO plug-on on X_Trader v6. I did run Ninja for a brief period of time. Honestly wasn't thrilled with it, but if automated stops are an important part of your scalp trading, then it probably makes sense to stick with Ninja for now. Alternatively...I think a lot of Ninja users use IB as their broker...if that's true for you, ButtonTrader is an outstanding order entry platform for that broker.

#16     Nov 26, 2006
  7. 5Pillars, no worries...your recollection is correct. A while back I think I sent you one of the currency applications I wrote in Excel. I do trade currency -- currency futures that is, not spot. Not anymore anyway...as I say I used to trade spot on Hotspot. Got tired of bucket shop antics and switched to the nice clean futures market.

XStudy is a first generation product and as such probably has a few years to go before it matures to the level of, say, eSignal charting. I don't think it has a custom development language, so that could be a negative too if you need to look at the data in customized or creative ways.

#17     Nov 26, 2006
  8. Actually, I am with Velocity for now on the NT TT feed, that's why I asked about OCO. If I liked IB I would use button trader as it looks like a fantastic program.

#18     Nov 27, 2006
  9. 'OCO Trader ltd' is different than OCO Trader for Pro; you can't use TT 6.x base with OCO trader.

So maybe there are fewer problems (or more!) with it.

Also, did you try PS Trader with 6.x?

#19     Nov 29, 2006
  10. What is PS Trader?

#20     Nov 29, 2006