TT vs others....CME slowdowns

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EPrado, Sep 12, 2006.

1. It definately sounds like a switch back to TT might be in order. As I said before, some software packages are harder to run, and therefore some FCM's have a lot of problems running them. TT is industry standard, and there is a pretty deep talent pool in running it. I'd switch back, the CME hasn't had that many problems lately, in my opinion.

TNG

#11     Sep 12, 2006
  2. EPrado

EPrado

I hear ya. My main question was about the slowing when there is volatility. From what others on here say TT doesnt have that problem.

#12     Sep 12, 2006
  3. EPrado

EPrado

Yeah...am in the process of doing that. The fact that you say the CME hasnt had many problems really is important. Because I have been having slowdowns all the time. Some are not bad at all.....but some are ridiculous. Happens all the time when the mkt makes new highs/lows.

thanks again for your input.

#13     Sep 12, 2006
  4. No, TT does not have inherent problems in it that make this occur in a signifigant manner. I bet your other one wouldn't either, if it was done well. Without knowing what it is, or who runs it, that's a bit of an unfair statement, but that's my opinion.

TNG

#14     Sep 12, 2006
  5. We run our own 20 MB lines to the CME here. It's also a bit misleading for me to say that the CME hasn't had any slowness recently, because we haven't experienced any on our lines. It's entirely possible that the CME lines to your FCM/IB are either saturated or there are errors/latencies in the line (which is doubtful because the CME is generally on top of their gear).

However, if I was a betting man, I'd say it's internal to your FCM.

TNG

#15     Sep 12, 2006
  6. EPrado

EPrado

Yeah..in my opinion its definetly on their end. THe IT guy at the FCM was seeing the same thing I was seeing.

#16     Sep 12, 2006