TT vs. Ninja

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mgookin, Jul 31, 2008.

1. I don't understand your statement. It's not logical. If there is indeed a 42" monitor at 2560x1920, it will have the same amount of screen space as a 30" monitor.

Who makes a 42" monitor at 2560x1920?

#41     Aug 5, 2008
  2. I don't believe you understand resolution. 2560X1920 has the same number of pixels on both screens. the pixels are just larger on the 42". They show the same data, but finer on the 30". therefor, you just get big fat charts on the 42, but not more of them.

2560 res is perfect for charting on a 30", but text and lines would be too fat for charting on a 42".

#42     Aug 5, 2008
  3. bathrobe

bathrobe

Since I made this comment I have been using the NT demo and like it very much and no longer find it awkward.

Chris

#43     Aug 11, 2008
  4. Keep in mind that TT only works on futures markets, so if you want to trade FX (not futures on FX), or equities, TT won't do you any good.

I have no experience with Ninja, and I don't personally trade, I just write extensions (or full platforms) for those who do, but no trader I've ever talked to complains that they don't like the TT interface...in fact, many platforms that came after mimic it...

TT does NOT filter prices. Each exchange varies as to what they provide for prices, and TT can only provide what it gets from the exhcanges. The sim environment and a real environment do operate differently.

#44     Aug 11, 2008
  5. TT is expensive compared to Ninja but their support is outstanding. 7x24 world class.

the interface can be customized to your style and preferences.
    They have a devnet program if you are technically inclined you can extend their suite of applications.

There are a number of modules and add ons that are free to pro users. The platform is powerful and takes time to learn...

Depends on what you want to accomplish... If your looking to run an automated trading system ninja and Zen Fire can do that well and is economical. Support is forums based and pretty responsive.

If you need more hand holding TT may work well for you. Some may benefit from using both.

#45     Aug 11, 2008
  6. bbqbbq

bbqbbq

nobody uses OEC trader?

#46     Aug 11, 2008
  7. bronks

bronks

I've been asking them for that for years.

#47     Aug 11, 2008
  8. TT is connected to Hotspot for spot FX trading. Most retail brokers do not offer it tho. I only know of Advantage futures who do, but its not a good fit for retail anyways due to the relatively high minimum transaction requirements. Anyways, it is possible to trade spot FX through xtrader, and at a reputable firm too.

#48     Aug 11, 2008
  9. WOW! So, let me get this straight: REALLY fast, reliable bad data...If thats not the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard...

How do I sign up?

#49     Aug 11, 2008
  10. After checking out X-Trader a little more closely I agree you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. It looks like X-Trader is way more robust than I thought. I am even thinking about moving to it from NT.

#50     Aug 11, 2008