TT vs. Ninja

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mgookin, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Not True, I trade 10k sides(Min.) and don't use anybodies software other than 3 API's that NT is also one of them.
    Quant traders(NOT claiming myself to be one) won't accept to be bounded by other developer's criteria.
    XT is way too obsolete for the sophisticated traders but THANK GOD it is perfect for most people including all of the floor people...!

p.s.
    I am not siding with NT, that is far from being an advance platform too, except for the very easy and simple API it has.

#31     Aug 2, 2008
  2. spidey

spidey

10K a month, holy crap :D

#32     Aug 2, 2008
  3. Both TT and Ninja are fine and the two top platforms for manual click and scalping methods.

Ninja needs a number pad to change size and until they add that in than scalping on TT is better if your FCM has a stable network.

What makes Ninja better than TT in that you can connect to Zen Fire and that back end will beat TT to the market on any internet line.

If you need to attach your custom system to TT than you need to go with the TT API. The adapters in Ninja are better and can be manipulated and you can done some custom stuff that TT does not even understand.

The spread trader on TT is better and ninja does not have an auto spreader and so TT takes it there.

The allocation and risk control offered by the Zen Fire crew is top notch and that is why I use that for sub accounts and managing the accounts that I trade for. The $500 to $600 fee for all markets is also better on NT/Zenfire that TT and this TT pro $1500 fee is a joke.

Both are very good but systems and development are just more robust on Ninja.

#33     Aug 2, 2008
  4. A truly fine review by a Pro.
    Very well put.

#34     Aug 2, 2008
  5. HI WycoffTrader. I'm surprised by your statements. We're talking sub-millisecond differences here. How have you managed to measure this? Is it quantifiable? Can you give details on how the Ninja adapters work / differ from TT?

ML_QUANT. We've noticed this as well at our shop. We're researched it and there's a market data coalescing configuration parameter in the TT Fix Adapter which has to be set to over 100 milliseconds for NT or it won't work well. T

I don't like filtered feeds either and therefore my programmers write to a non-coalesced TT Fix Adapter.

#35     Aug 4, 2008
  6. Thanks for the evry useful info, in fact the broker always insisted the feed was not filtered and now you have helped us see where the problem was!
    How do you exactly write or get data from the non-coalesced TT Fix Adapte?

thanks
    p.s.
    in fact I had even grabbed T&S in details for TS & TT and had presented it to the broker of no avail...now we know.

#36     Aug 4, 2008
  7. "How do you exactly write or get data from the non-coalesced TT FIX Adapte?"

In the FIX Adapter configuration file, just don't set the "coaliscing" parameter since its default is zero. Or if you do set it, set it to zero.

To write to the TT FIX Adapter, you're going to need a FIX engine. See http://www.fixprotocol.org/products/ for a list of them. We use QuickFIX right now because it’s free but are looking at others if we find that they can reduce latency. Basically, you are programming to whatever API that the FIX engine vendor provides.

#37     Aug 4, 2008
  8. GREAT info and very nice to know these twitches. Thank you very much.

I am however, presently not using TT/FIX and am on Zen and NT API with AMP and also on the MFG very advanced and complete API. You should take a look at it if you have not yet done so, you'd be very pleased with it's sophistication! Specially since you seem to be engaged in API's at a very advance level.

#38     Aug 4, 2008
  9. A sincere thank you to all who contributed to this thread. Not only were the original questions answered, but I learned a lot as did many others. This venue is great.

As to someone who was asking "what's a fair rate to trade x qty round trips per day?" rates and competition change over time. I suggest you look at other qualified broker's rate schedules, then negotiate with several of them. Once you have your best price from a qualified broker, call your broker and negotiate with them. It's all about the money!

Take care everyone.

#39     Aug 5, 2008
  10. a 42" monitor at 2560 X 1920 will not show more data than a 30" monitor at the same res.

Everything will just be larger. This is why 28" monitors do not sell well. Same res as a 24, but not more stuff on it. I've run em side by side just to confirm.

#40     Aug 5, 2008