TT vs. Ninja

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mgookin, Jul 31, 2008.

1. wenzi

wenzi

Everyone uses TT and when they start, most people start on TT. Maybe that is what they have always used for so long that they do not want to learn something else.

Saying TT is great because everyone uses it is like says Windows is better that OSX on an Apple, because everyone uses Windows.

#21     Aug 2, 2008
  2. I thought the same thing, I just finished my first week on X Trader and I'm very impressed and have no complaints. Don’t judge a book by its cover :D

Flash demos
    http://www.tradingtechnologies.com/xtrader.aspx

Have a look a their computer based training,
    http://www.tradingtechnologies.com/training.aspx

For the X_Trader User Manual, see:

http://customer.velocityfutures.com/download/latest_X_TRADER_User_Manual.pdf

If you try the simulator its refresh is slow and volume at price bars do not show, on the MD Trader.

BB

#22     Aug 2, 2008
  3. XT/TT is NOT a bad product by any means at all and to the contrary but, the Question has always been if it does ADD $600 of added value Vs. NT/Zen?
    For me NOT.

#23     Aug 2, 2008
  4. Has the DAX (and STOXX if memory serves) T&S bug on the NT/ZF combo been fixed these days or does every trade still show a volume of 99 contracts? Just curious.

#24     Aug 2, 2008

5. Still 99 contracts but a guy from Amp said on this board that the new eurex feed is in testing phase

#25     Aug 2, 2008
  6. spidey

spidey

Exactly. XT is a good product. But if you aren't trading Large size can you afford 7-17K a year for software?

For small trader NT with a good feed is a very good alternative

#26     Aug 2, 2008
  7. To address the many questions:

1. I don’t pay anything to use Trading Technologies software. I don’t understand why people are paying to use it or anything else. I can only guess their FCM is recovering some of their cost. If you’re paying anyone for software, you may want to consider what broker you’re with and/ or (re)negotiate. With my current FCM I enjoyed the teaser rate for 90 days, then called on day 91 and negotiated fees at about a 65% discount to their published fee schedule. It is my volume of contracts per day/ month that convinced them to work at the rate I was offering to pay. EVERYTHING on the planet is negotiable and it costs nothing to ask. They are better off getting half of something then all of nothing. Shop things out and tell them what others are offering and if you want to stay with them, tell them that but they have to make it financially worth your while.

2. My connection is from my system to a Financial Market Data Server (FMDS). Does this mean I am connected directly to the exchanges I trade on? I don’t know but the realization/ perception is that I am. Having orders filled in 3/1,000th of a second is pretty darned quick. It sounds like from others responses that they are connecting to a data provider’s server, then to a broker’s server and from there they need to get to the exchanges. This may explain why some people experience latency/ unfilled orders/ uncancelled cancellations/ etc. We all know that the more connection points added in, the more potential for problems and latency.

3. Someone mentioned that “TT is in the testing phase of connectivity to Eurex…” I’ve been connected to Eurex via TT for quite some time. Maybe their broker is in the process of implementing a currency exchange methodology or similar. Again, a broker issue and not a TT issue.

4. Some people are asking who my broker is and other questions. No offense intended but I don’t disclose financial information on the internet nor my connectivity other then bandwidth.

5. My bandwidth is awesome and cheap. I am literally one block from a looped fiber optic trunk line. Going both ways on that line there are mega-switches owned by Williams Communication, Sprint (in its day the biggest switch on the planet), and one other company whose name escapes me at the present. I don’t know which of those switches I am going off of but that’s moot since all this infrastructure is here.

6. Monitors- I use cheap LCD tv’s for monitors. Vizio brand 1080p 42”. My first one cost $1299 and the rest I got for $899 on a Costco closeout. The resolution is 1920x1080. I can’t see burying my face in little screens all day and night to trade. My trading station in my office is very cozy with awesome views across the water in tropical paradise. No I don’t have any pictures and my digital camera battery charger is at a girlfriend’s house up north so until I get back up there or she comes here my camera’s down. Connectivity from pc to monitors is HDMI. I also run CATV so I can watch awesome digital football, movies, etc. I watch CNBC in one of the small PIP windows on one screen during market hours. Someone said I could get more charts on a 30” screen with higher resolution; I agree but don’t understand how I would be able to read them at that high a resolution. And with TT you can zoom in and out on everything; most people don’t know this. I fit lots of charts on my 42” monitors.

7. X_Study charts on TT. I enjoy them very much. If you don’t enjoy them, look at all the tools and studies you can put on them.

8. As others have stated, I too take comfort in knowing I’m using the same software I see at the exchanges. Someone in a pit has to scream to someone operating that system. But for me I just click and its done. There is no way those guys (and girls) on the floor are getting orders in faster then me. I feel I have an advantage over the people in the pits.

9. It’s too damned nice a day here to sit at a pc. I’m going to inspect some bikinis on the beach. See y’al Sunday night!

#27     Aug 2, 2008
  8. Surdo

Surdo

What is considered a "competitive rate" for 2500 RT's/month, using NT/Zen-Fire, mainly ZB and ES?

I noticed a few of these brokers using NT start out quoting you rates much higher than what they "should be"!

el surdo

#28     Aug 2, 2008
  9. On top of this page is stated : "the time&sales bug of NT/Zenfire for Eurex"

#29     Aug 2, 2008
  10. Man! that sounds nice

Those LCD TV’s are so cheap in the US

The dot pixel pitch on the 30" monitors are smaller than a 24" screen

A Dell 27 inch is priced at $999 and that’s only 1900x1200

I assume eye strain reduces having the monitors at a greater distance?

#30     Aug 2, 2008