TT vs. Ninja

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mgookin, Jul 31, 2008.

1. I am curious why you went with 42" monitors when you can fit more windows, etc. on a 30" monitor with higher resolution. That is, unless you know of a 42" monitor with 2560x1920 resolution. If so, where can I get it??

#11     Aug 1, 2008
  2. You got a photo of your setup MG ?

#12     Aug 1, 2008
  3. olias

olias

Good point. I always get a kick out of the Zenfire guys making statements like that. They're so empahatic about it, but unless you have some kind of stats to back that up, then I'm going to go with the software which can claim "over half of the electronic volume on the top 5 futures exchanges is done on" their software. ...and That's TT's X_Trader.

#13     Aug 1, 2008
  4. bathrobe

bathrobe

I understand button trader relies on IB's feed, other than infrequent outages on IB has anyone used both and how do they stack up?
    TIA

Chris

#14     Aug 1, 2008
  5. HSC.1775

HSC.1775

And I do not understand how someone who has never used TT can state it is strange and clunky.

You sound like a Ninja Trader salesman to me.

#15     Aug 1, 2008
  6. HSC.1775

HSC.1775

Keep in mind the meaning of a professional. We buy the bid and sell the offer. We realize $1275 a month for software pays for itself two minutes after the open. We are grateful for ET and all of the posters here!

#16     Aug 1, 2008
  7. Grace101

Grace101

I understand button trader relies on IB's feed, other than infrequent outages on IB has anyone used both and how do they stack up?
    TIA

Chris

i have used ib's platform book trader dom feed via ib's data feed for approx. 3 years and i can honestly say "she does lag." i mainly trade the er2 and it does frustrate my intellect to experience dom freezes or even worst placed orders one cannot cancel. and commissions well shop around... but then there are those who claim that your money is safer or "insured" at ib.
    when i speak of lag time at ib... one needs to compare the volume feed of say the emini es to another platform fed by a different data feed to get the feel.
    bare in mind that my style of trading is scalping 5 to 8 tics, so a daytrader aiming for larger profit or gain may truly be satisfied with ib.
    i am presently demoing amp's global platform data fed via tt and trading live with ib ( have not jumped ship just yet) and am impressed... so you see how archaic my experience is.
    therefore if i am impressed with amp global just think about the advantages of the x_trader and even the ninja direct or ninja standard powered via tt or zenfire.
    :)

#17     Aug 1, 2008
  8. bathrobe

bathrobe

Thank you for your help with your experiences with IB
    Chris

#18     Aug 1, 2008
  9. I trialed Nt with TT feed and contrary to the claim the TT feed was NOT unfiltered! In fact even TS feed had a higher resolution...
    I DON"T LIKE FILTERED FEEDS....
    The exchanges must be married to the over priced XT and find it impossible to get the elbow shoving crowd to face a new learning curve all over again!

#19     Aug 1, 2008
  10. Try reading again. I said it "looks" strange and clunky. It also looks out of date, prehistoric and old.

#20     Aug 2, 2008