TT users

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by aPismoClam, Jun 1, 2006.

1. I'm experimenting with TT, and need some help writing up an order entry screen based on an index I'd have to calculate.

Can anyone provide some insight into this. I was figuring on using Excel, but I suppose I could do something in VBasic.NET.

Thx

2. bump, again...

3. sounds like a simple GUI you're looking for and that's easy enough with simple VB in excel. i've written them in the past, but haven't written anything to the TT API as I like their MD Trader for order entry...particularly for spreads as that's most of what I trade.

what exactly are you looking for? do you want someone to create a GUI for you?

4. sent you a PM.

5. sccz97

sccz97

the api is actually very simple to use and has all the features you need to create a custom application. I've written my own app in c# cos tbh I don't like the ladder.

6. yeah, I think the ladder is pretty hokey. Maybe it grows on you.

I was looking at Autotrader, which may do what I need. For now...but it would be better to be able to write my own thing. Time is the issue now.

7. sccz97

sccz97

good luck. the api is one of those things that may seem difficult at first but once you get going it all makes sense. You can download samples for c++ and .net from the dev site

8. ram_is1

ram_is1

Well try getafreelancer.com. You can post your requirement and may freelances can help you out solve your problem at a better price. ................ Ram_is1 :)

9. I downloaded the examples. All the examples are in C#. I don't anything about C#. I looked it up on wikipedia and it seems to have a few simple differences from C++.

Is this easy to transistion from. I'm think now I should just finish the examples on the dev site, then just try to expand on their code. You know alter it to work for what I'm trying to do. THat's how I've always written my programs, just tear down the last thing that worked and then put it back together a litttle different.

But I still want to know if it can be done in C++?