TT sues Refco for patent infringement

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by TsunTzu, Feb 28, 2005.

1. I have been following this TT thing a bit but must confess, never used any related software so I can't figure out what their problem is.

Can someone that uses the "special TT sauce" post a screenshot that would identify exactly what TT is claiming is theirs (via patent)?

I would be most grateful to be educated. TIA

#11     Apr 22, 2005
  2. Posting a screenshot might get you sued :eek:

#12     Apr 22, 2005
  3. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

its around the price ladder technology - the bit that lets you put & see orders in the book. thats what they got pats for - their dome idea.

dont use tt so no screen shot

yours,

hairy bumfeeld
    ceo
    Trading Impeachment Technologies (TIT)

#13     Apr 22, 2005
  4. OK, so is the "price ladder" so awesome that everyone wants to use it?

Are there successful futures traders out there using something *other* than TT's "price ladder"? (I suspect yes, as well as unsuccessful traders who do use the price ladder)

Therefore, why can't everyone who wants to use price ladder simply pay TT for the priviledge. Anyone who doesn't use software with TT's patent, doesn't pay TT.

Is TT actually saying that the *entire* futures industry owes them money? It should only be the people using their invention. That would be fair.

#14     Apr 22, 2005
  5. Gonz

Gonz

screenshot... dun sue me! :p

• dome.jpg
      File size:
      28.1 KB
      Views:
    #15     Apr 22, 2005
  6. Here's the Price Ladder

(I've seen other derivations on public sites, so I am not releasing anything people don't already know....)

#16     Apr 28, 2005
  7. Beach75

Beach75

Apparently Pats removed their "Dome" window which supposedly infringed the TT patent. That didn't make all their customers suddenly move to other systems.

TT is a good system, but it is not the best system for every type of trading. I agree with you - why should the entire industry pay??

#17     Apr 28, 2005
  8. hmm...

never traded futures electronically before, but lots of stocks... that price ladder looks confusing. I'll take my old Watcher L2 keyboard driven entry system any day.

Anyone traded futures on both price ladder and L2 style? Any comments on pros/cons of each?

#18     Apr 28, 2005
  9. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

#19     Apr 28, 2005
  10. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

i still dont get why refco are so reliant on tt when they have their own professional platform - easyscreen who they have acquired.

i know rts/mac use tt, but thats a separate entity from the brokerage arm.

:confused:

#20     Apr 28, 2005