TT slowness on new version?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jim c, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Jim C - I use the latest and greatest XTrader7 (just added a new upgrade the other day) for one of my automated systems. I am having no problems with any size orders..everything is working just fine.

Remember, use XP Pro ONLY (no VISTA!!!!!!) and ONLY use Intel chips (been there done that..no more AMD's for me)!

#11     Jan 9, 2008
  2. AMD has some driver updates for their dual core processor, jut go to their site. I have been running RM CPU clock with some over clocking and I like it. I am getting a boost of about 20% with acceptable CPU temps ( around 40 C during trading ). You might also trying setting your ethernet card to full duplex 100 mb, although it shouldn't matter frankly. Your tech guys will be familiar with this stuff. Good luck.

#12     Jan 9, 2008
  3. jim c

jim c

Id like to thank everyone that contributed to the thread. We replaced the machine yesterday and its working great today. This community is great for stuff like this. Even our IT staff was impressed. Thx again and good trading! jim

#13     Jan 11, 2008
  4. Good to hear that sir..we had to get you back in the game ASAP to provide more liquidity for our trades..:p

Full Speed Ahead Captain..the engine is A-OK! :)

#14     Jan 11, 2008
  5. re: "replaced".....did the replacement have an AMD or Intel processor ?
    I think the issue of AMD being the problem is still unclear.

#15     Jan 11, 2008
  6. jim c

jim c

the old one was an AMD and the new one is an Intel. So I would say yes that was the problem. It doesnt make sense to me and it still could be that the the chip WASNT the problem. Like I said earlier im not very tech savy. Im just glad to be functioning again. thx agin guys. jimbo

#16     Jan 11, 2008
  7. Your first trades with the new box should be a Long Intel/Short AMD trade... :eek:

:D

#17     Jan 11, 2008
  8. jim c

jim c

One more thing...TT is going to take the old computer and mess around with it to see if they can figure something out. if they come back with something significant ill be sure to post it here. good trading jim

#18     Jan 11, 2008
  9. Not so funny, but possibly the real-deal....I tried upgrading my AMD MB and processor recently...only to be met with "out of stock" status.
    This could indicate a flight from AMD MB's and processors.

#19     Jan 12, 2008