TT slowness on new version?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jim c, Jan 8, 2008.

1. jim c

jim c

I recently upgraded to the latest version of TT. when I execute a 1 lot in seems very fast, normal i would say. However when i execute something larger, lets say 50 or more it seems to que my orders in a strange fashion. If i sell 50 and there is another 50 lot on the bid it will fill the order quick. but if there are alot of one and two lots this is when the slowness happens. it takes almost two full seconds for the order to get filled...and you can hear it going off like a slow slot machine. The TT rep has been out and our tech guys have all witnessed this..... yet no one can figure it out. Its not set to iceberg. once the merc gets the order it is executed on their end very quick. My machine exceeds all the specs. i am currently on version 6 and it is still very fast...as soon as i switch to version 7 the slowness happens? i also have 3 other guys in the same pod as myself and they are not experiencing the slowness that i am? (they are on version 7). we have been working on this for a week and still no solution. anyone experience this? i HAVE to be one the new version to trade YMs on monday even though TT has extended our license for version 6. sorry for the long post...any help would be greatly appreciated. jim one more thing...if i do two fifty lots back to back ...i mean as fast as i can click..it wont even send the second order to the merc until the first one is completely filled. i can actually see it happening...something that never happened on the old version. thx

2. Get a new machine. You definitley have a conflict somewhere that's causing this.

3. jim c

jim c

thx...first we tried it on the old machine that did not meet specs (but works great for ver 6). Then we tried it on a new machine that totally exceeds specs. Even the TT rep is stuck on this one and hes been out twice and has witnessed the problem as well. thx bond jim

4. Was it a brand new machine with no previous Xtrader versions? Have you charted the cpu usage when this occurrs?
    Does one of the other guys machines work where you connect?

5. Sounds silly, but you may want to swap-out your ethernet card. You're certain it's not set to iceberg?

6. jim c

jim c

Thx again. It is brand new and as far as i know it has never had another version of TT on it. We havent tried another machine on this connection yet. good idea. I know the IT guys have looked at the cpus usage...but i dont know what the determined. unfortunately, I am not very tech savy so im passing this info onto the tech guys. Thx for taking time out of your busy day to help! jim

7. jim c

jim c

thx atticus. We checked iceberg and a setting that only allows you to enter one order at a time. Both were not set. Ill ask about the ethernet card. thx for your help. jimbo

8. jim c

jim c

Thx for all the help. The IT guys just stopped by and they have tried all of the things you guys have recommended except for another brand new machine. I even got some advice to uninstall and reinstall the software which they said they did. We are trying it again in the am with a brand new machine. Ill let you know how it goes. Thx for all the help! jim

9. esmjb

esmjb

is it a new AMD machine by chance? i experienced the very same problem. i went through 2 brand new $4000 HP workstations with AMD opteron processors. then i switched to an Intel box and the problem went away. im certainly no techie and i have no idea what the prob was but when i switched the prob went away.

10. re: above. Sounds like a low-level driver problem...something that is supplied by the motherboard manufacturer. Do you know the make of the board ?

#10     Jan 9, 2008