TT as a automated trading platform

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by sarcastic, Sep 8, 2008.

1. sarcastic

sarcastic

is TT (Xtrader pro) a really bad platform when comes to automated trading. Is it also true that you can not send automatic orders to their autospreader(one of the TT tools) because they don't expose their API. If yes then is their any solution for sending automatic orders to autospreader other than developing your own api and autospreader

2. bone

bone

Orc, Portware - tier 1, expensive, does just about every market known to mankind and I consider them to be the cat's ass. If you're going to bitch about the price of TT Pro, then don't even bother asking.

TT - tier 2, mostly futures, FIX supposed to work, I usually link spreadsheets to it and a MatLab link on Bloomberg. Very serviceable, I've used the product since '98 and was one of the original beta testers for the autospread and autotrader. I should have patented it and sued Harris. Ha.

GL Trade - tier 58, sux

Eccoware - was decent when I tried it several years ago, could do up to eight legs at once as I recall. Don't know where the product is now.

Goldman Sachs Algorithmic Platform - equities platform for their institutional customers; I want to try this one out, and hope to shortly

3. 4XQs

4XQs

There's a plugin called Spread Driver which basicly works as Autotrader for spreads in Autospreader. Use Excel to feed into Spread Driver.