TST Combine Journey

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Rodrigcn, May 9, 2017.

1. Rodrigcn

Rodrigcn

Hi,

First time poster here. I've been studying price action for about 10 months and I took the summer off before school (getting my MBA this fall) in order to trade full time. I spent April getting used to the market speed as the simulators I was using were much faster. I'm officially trading FT starting this May. I will use this thread to keep myself accountable and to post daily activity. Below are my trades thus far:

First week of May - I took a lot of wild trades so my returns were higher but there were some close calls. Note - this was in SIM
    upload_2017-5-9_17-10-11.png

Once my dashboard loads I will post my TST summary and my trades today

Spectre2007 likes this.
  2. motif

motif

Best of luck to you.

3. Rodrigcn

Rodrigcn

E6 Trades today 5/9/2017:

upload_2017-5-9_18-56-5.png
    1) Long - bought in the middle of a large bull bar, trying to get a dip before a move up. Market started to move down and I didn't like it so i got out with a few ticks profit
    2) Re initiated a long about a MM down from the top trading range, I still have a belief the bulls would return based on context. I scalped out with around 6 pips, Should have held longer.
    3) Initiated a short based on context and 3 pushed up / wedge testing upper trading range. I essentially caught the move up but scalped out, should have held longer
    4) initiated long but was nervous of a BO below due to extreme bearishness. Got out with a small loss.
    5) i had two sell limits that got triggered, I moved the first sell limit that got triggered, the stop a little higher because there were lots of trapped traders from early longs who would get out with smaller losses higher so I knew there was more sellers there. The move took me by surprise but i managed it and got out with a profit.

4. Rodrigcn

Rodrigcn

TST Trade results day 1 and 2:
    upload_2017-5-9_19-4-2.png

5. Overnight

Overnight

Live is way faster than sim. Believe me on that. Your net is great.

A lot of trades yes, but ya' gotta' take that total trade number with a grain of salt due to the way Ninja's sim engine calculates a "trade".

Which instruments did you trade in your 5-day trading period?

6. Do you change the size of the stop loss from trade to trade, or is it fixed?

7. Rodrigcn

Rodrigcn

Yeah in spikes and stuff it's much faster i meant that with forex tester I hit space button and a minute passes, so my sense of timing was way off

I also trade the es but i'm not as comfortable with it though, there's too many spikes and fakeouts.

These were my emini trades today:
    upload_2017-5-9_20-52-44.png

Caught the low based on a MM target, I also felt the late low, I had a buy limit in that area but i had to go. I felt the market was going to drop and played with some sell stops but wanted a quick move - too much risk of a upside BO with the new highs / bull trend - just had a low, so I stopped myself out, better would have been to hold a wider stop but had to leave

8. Rodrigcn

Rodrigcn

I use a 5 pip bracket and sometimes a 10 pip but will change depending on context

9. Overnight

Overnight

I don't know how to respond to this, other than congratulations. But when you say nothing other than ES, I need to take a powder. Shirley you trade something other than the ES.

I am in control, I am not going to explode. But I really cannot stand the ES. The ES is not the only instrument in the universe. Try your style on something else? See how it works?

ES...I am ok. Breathe...Breathe. (Nothing against you Rodrigcn...I just HATE ES.) K, I think I have breathed. Next up, stretching exercises.

Rod, why not look at RB? That is an exciting zesty market! Fug ES. :-(

10. Rodrigcn

Rodrigcn

I only do es because i read a lot of al brooks work so i wanted to explore it a bit, I agree it's pretty tough to trade but does allow for decent scalp trades if you watch it very carefully. I'm not familiar with RB

For now its just ES and 6e but i recently also started looking at the chfusd and ndx for correlations to help with my es / 6e trading. For example the recent strong bull in chfusd kept me from taking aggressive counter trends in the 6e

#10     May 9, 2017