$TSLA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Phill Twist, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

I never said he wasn't pivotal, but I do have a real problem w/his shtick of trying to rewrite history to claim the glory. Tesla would've likely been defunct by now if it hadn't been for the guy's cash infusion & uncanny ability to do nothing wrong in the public's eyes and monetizing/landing contracts on that ability.

I have no real beef w/his SpaceX or Paypal involvement as am unfamiliar and seems to be mostly on the "up and up" from an ethical standpoint.

I followed Tesla back from their lotus/AC propulsion days so am most familiar with that operation. Here's another beauty few remember:

https://www.wired.com/2012/02/tesla-vs-top-gear/

#2401     Jul 4, 2020
  2. VicBee

VicBee

Musk is a genius and, like others in that rare space, is probably insufferable to be around. Good news is, I don't have to hang around him, I just buy his vision and follow through. Paypal, Tesla, Space X,... those are major achievements regardless of the palace intrigues.
    And while most continue to want to value Tsla on its cars, Musk is already several levels beyond building his grand project and apparently more and more people like me are buying into it.
    I'm not a sophisticated trader, all I do is buy and sell stocks, mostly Tsla. Up or down, I make money as long as I stay on the pulse. Making financial decisions based on hatred or love of the CEO seems incongruous to me.

#2402     Jul 5, 2020
    jl1575, Zodiac4u and DallasCowboysFan like this.
  3. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

I'm seriously baffled that people are currently paying nearly $1,400 per share for this stock. Last time I had this feeling was during the height of the housing boom.

#2403     Jul 6, 2020
  4. VicBee

VicBee

o_O To me you sound like the guys who laughed off Bezos for 10 years before Amazon made any money. Yesterday it closed at over 3k a share...

#2404     Jul 6, 2020
  5. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

AMZN is overpriced too. The stock should be around $500 per share max.

To me you sound like the guy that owned tulips in January 1637 completely unaware what was about to happen the next month.

#2405     Jul 6, 2020
  6. VicBee

VicBee

:rolleyes: I can't help you if the world should be limited to your perception of what it ought to be. Gl!:fistbump:

#2406     Jul 6, 2020
  7. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

All things being equal, the world always finds balance and so does the market. Could Amazon stay inflated for the next 20 years? Sure. Is it likely? No. Amazon is worth $1.5 Trillion right now. What could it possible do to add another $1.5 trillion in value other than be a Tulip? I mean Trillion dollar companies are world changing. So in order for it to double, it needs to basically be twice as world changing as it is. You can only grow so big in a finite world.

#2407     Jul 7, 2020
  8. VicBee

VicBee

Certainly. But I'm one to believe the stock market is essentially legalized gambling. Some analyze and rationalize their buy/sell decisions, yet it's been demonstrated again and again that results are hardly better than guessing. The only question that I'm interested in is, will Amazon shares go up or down?

#2408     Jul 7, 2020
  9. m22au

m22au

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/08/09/remain-solvent/

From $280 to $502.49 in less than two months. And despite the declines in the past week or so, still above that $280 level (1400 / 5) to which you referred.

#2409     Sep 8, 2020
    Amun Ra likes this.
  10. m22au

m22au

Apart from being a multiple of $10.00, is there a reason why you believe the $330.00 level is significant?

#2410     Sep 8, 2020