$TSLA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Phill Twist, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

2. #1952     Jan 2, 2019
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

and this is what happens when I gloat :(

#1953     Jan 2, 2019
  4. nursebee

nursebee

#1954     Jan 4, 2019
  5. schweiz

schweiz

#1955     Jan 4, 2019
    dealmaker likes this.
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

The End of the Backlog.

What we have here is that the US consumer demand at current prices can only support about 2-2.5K/week M3s once the backlog was cleared in possibly as early as November. They also had pulled forward demand, thus whoever just could bought their cars in December.

The European homologation is still missing (that is a permit to sell cars with an Ipad in the middle, they not going to have it thus they have to redesign), so suddenly they have to cut back at least 2K/week M3 production. For the record they never made more than 5K on a continuous base, their average is about 4.7K.

Lesson to be learnt: you can't produce more than what the market can buy...

#1956     Jan 18, 2019
    Stockolio likes this.
  7. Specterx

Specterx

Could you clarify this a bit? You're saying that it's likely no EU country will approve the M3 for sale? The Model S has the same central tablet (which I hated btw, the idea of having to navigate a touchscreen while driving seemed crazy) and it certainly was approved.

#1957     Jan 18, 2019
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

They submitted to the Dutch, and if the Dutch OKs it, it can be sold anywhere in the EU. But so far no car ever got permit without at least some kind of display in front of the driver. The model S has that display in the usual place, the M3 doesn't.

Tesla promised European deliveries by the end of March. It takes 35 days to deliver to Europe, so they should be making cars right now if they want to keep their promise. Yet, they don't even have the permit...

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-not-approved-sale-europe/

#1958     Jan 18, 2019
    Stockolio likes this.
  9. Specterx

Specterx

Lol. Now I remember reading about that (I've driven a Model S but not M3). Talk about cutting corners...

#1959     Jan 18, 2019
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

#1960     Jan 18, 2019