$TSLA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Phill Twist, Aug 18, 2015.

1. In the not so distant future, if you can subscribe to a monthly car riding service like Google's Waymo, how many of you think car companies are going to be around 20-30 years from now?

#1941     Dec 7, 2018
  2. electric having the lowest cost of ownership combined with the future tech of full autonomy can beat traditional car ownership " costs" and at the same time match or beat the convenience of owning..then it can switch a meaningful set of society.

#1942     Dec 7, 2018
  3. #1943     Dec 8, 2018
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

What's the play here? Scapegoat the feds when shit doesn't go his way?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/09/business/elon-musk-sec-twitter/index.html

Elon Musk: 'I do not respect the SEC'

New York (CNN Business)Elon Musk settled securities fraud charges brought against him by the Securities and Exchange Commission earlier this year, but he is not done deriding the agency.

"I want to be clear: I do not respect the SEC," he told Lesley Stahl during an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes," which aired Sunday.

#1944     Dec 10, 2018
  5. nursebee

nursebee

Doesn't TA say new high on RS lines means a buy?

#1946     Dec 10, 2018
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Ellison (owns supposedly 3 M Tesla shares) sure isn't going to be an independent board member. By the way he invested heavily into Theranos. The Walgreen cereal expert lady WAS actually on the board at Theranos and Walgreens was duped by them.

Both of them are perfect fit for Tesla, I say. Nothing like a cereal expert helping you out making autos.

-------------------

John Carreyrou (WSJ and author of Bad Blood) on Larry Ellison and Elizabeth Holmes (Theranos) in Vox interview:

"One of her advisers was Larry Ellison [the billionaire co-founder and CEO of Oracle]. Larry Ellison’s advice to her was that in his early years, he was also getting told by the coders and guys creating the software he was selling that “this isn’t feasible” and “we can’t get it done on time.” And [Larry] was always pushing them to deliver and ignoring their complaints. And he told [Elizabeth] to do the same. Of course, that was terrible advice and he was a bad role model. He famously engaged in vaporware in the early years of Oracle, promising things he couldn’t deliver. That’s the advice he was giving her, and she was drinking it up."

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    #1947     Dec 28, 2018
  7. schweiz

schweiz

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    #1948     Dec 28, 2018
  8. nursebee

nursebee

I am ignoring the initial market reaction and sure wish the overall market was stronger

#1949     Jan 2, 2019
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

Surely ignoring it will make it go away.

just kidding, congrats to every other tech company today though.

#1950     Jan 2, 2019