$TSLA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Phill Twist, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

The thread discussing the email at SA is pretty funny:

"I wonder if TSLA had to resort to advanced interrogation techniques to obtain the information."

"They hooked the guy up to the Powerwall. I won't go into details..."

#1481     Jun 18, 2018
    Cuddles likes this.
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

link?

#1482     Jun 18, 2018
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Here's a link H4M. https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...tery-employee-extensive-and-damaging-sabotage

Thanks for the amen on the assembly line picture lol... the erector set. Ya know, you make one light-hearted, completely open minded post that you followed up with a a more flattering picture merely for the sake of conversation.... and you get tag teamed by a couple Elon fanboys that don't seem to realize stocks do in fact go up and down... and heaven forbid anyone discusses the very real possibility that it might be a tad overvalued or they might be cutting some corners. I mean maybe its not... I hope it goes to $12,000/share.... know why(?)... cause my name's Chuck and I don't give a fuck...I trade it up, I trade it down. Sometimes I watch. But who f'n cares? Geez... Its a stock... its not your f'n kid for Pete sake. I'll bring some nails next time so they can crucify "my ego" and quell "my shouting". :rolleyes:

#1483     Jun 18, 2018
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

I despise cults; be it lefty tree huggers, or fanatical trumptards.

#1484     Jun 19, 2018
  5. schweiz

schweiz

You start to sound like paranoia... just like Musk. :D

So Tesla would be very succesful and have no problems at all if there would not be 1 man who is sabotaging everything. Now it is clear: if something goes wrong it is the 1 man who is sabotaging Tesla.

We call this the Calimero effect:

:D
    Wait till the big car manufacturers start to build EV's. Then the big profit margin wil shrink quickly. Just a matter of a few more months.

#1485     Jun 19, 2018
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

7. nursebee

nursebee

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Looks like my 360-370 top call was right on. You guys are all welcome, specially Nursy... :)

#1488     Jun 19, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  9. Fun, profitable day for shorts and put holders, with India joining Trump's trade war and slapping tariffs on U.S. products. China is certainly not going to back down. Not sure about the EU.

Anyone wants to take a guess on how soon TSLA will plunge below 300 again?

Elon Musk might be setting himself up for Securities Act violation charges with his wild tweets, open threats against shorts and stock purchases. Tesla model 3 production mess seems to be worse than Musk cares to admit.

#1489     Jun 19, 2018
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Apparently there are convertible bonds out there for the 360 price. Here is how it effects the price:

"I suspect a great deal of the bond arbitrage that is going on, will continue to bump up short levels, as it is essentially free money. It's a lot like repeatedly selling covered calls, without the equity risk, since the equity only comes into play if your position is a big winner."

"Dans, brilliant. . .that makes perfect sense.

This, all by itself, could explain why the stock seems to have trouble holding over $360/share.

Every time it gets above that point, a window opens for convertible bondholders to short shares against their bonds for arbitrage, locking in their bond value ("free CDS") and the difference between the exercise and stock prices. That, in turn would tend to drive the stock price back down, and it could happen repeatedly until every convertible bond is covered.

How many of these convertible bonds are there?

On the flip side, if the bonds are converted, even assuming all the bondholders just used the new shares to liquidate their short positions, there would still be associated dilution. Don't see how the stock could rise even with their short covering. .

If the bonds are not converted, then either they're paid in full at maturity, or they're not.

If they're not paid in full, TSLA is in bankruptcy court and then the bondholders will cover their shorts.

If they are paid in full, by definition, the bondholders are ahead on their short positions (otherwise they'd have been converted) and THEN the bondholders cover.

Now we get massive short coverage but without dilution. Wouldn't that drive up the stock price?"

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4182582-tesla-playing-blame-game

#1490     Jun 20, 2018