$TSLA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Phill Twist, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

So Elon is helping with the trade war? Niiiice....

Tesla is going to lose 2.8 billions this year, even though the M3 is kind of ramped up already. The machinery is in place, yet they are still losing money like a bucket full of holes...

#1191     Mar 9, 2018
  2. dealmaker

dealmaker

Musk's Green Light

Tesla's shareholders have approved Elon Musk's controversial pay deal, which will see the CEO collect up to $2.6 billion if the company hits a series of valuation and sales targets. It also ensures that Musk will stay at the helm of Tesla for the next decade. The package attracted criticism from some investor groups over its size. The news of the approval sent Tesla's shares up 3%. BBC

#1192     Mar 22, 2018
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

4. dealmaker

dealmaker

""

#1194     Mar 26, 2018
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think they will dilute shares this year to raise capital. Their business model never made sense (or money) but the cult is strong with this one. I expect it to trade in the 240-340 range this year. I don't think reality would set in this year, maybe next. If you bought below 200, and believe in Elon you have plenty of cushion before it starts to hurt...

I will probably start to sell vertical call spreads, 50 bucks higher than the current price.

Quote from the article:

"As a reality check, Tesla is worth twice as much as Ford* yet Ford made 6 million cars last year at a $7.6 billion profit while Tesla made 100,000 cars at a $2 billion loss. "

#1195     Mar 26, 2018
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

FWIW...Whoever wrote that article is technically incorrect. Tesla is not worth twice as much as Ford.
    Market cap is not the accurate way to value a company. You have to use enterprise value. Which makes Ford 3X as large as TSLA.

#1196     Mar 26, 2018
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I am not sure how that is calculated but it should be 50 times at least...

#1197     Mar 26, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

#1198     Mar 27, 2018
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

OK, I didn't expect it to happen on the same day, but it bottomed at $277... :)

#1199     Mar 27, 2018
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

Tesla lands Fedex order for its electric big rig trucks
    Before too long, FedEx drivers will be able to boast that they drive a Tesla. Or at least the electric-car maker's big rigs. FedEx has reserved 20 Tesla Semi trucks to test in its FedEx Freight fleet. The fully electric big rigs with advanced safety features are scheduled to begin production in 2019.(USA Today)

#1200     Mar 27, 2018