$TSLA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Phill Twist, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think they have to put down 200K per semi for something that won't be made for 3-4 years if ever...

#1161     Dec 12, 2017
  2. nursebee

nursebee

First two model 3's I've seen in Raleigh NC IMG_0588[1].JPG

#1162     Dec 12, 2017
  3. #1163     Dec 12, 2017
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

100 Tesla Semi trucks preordered by PepsiCo
    PepsiCo Inc. has reserved 100 of Tesla Inc.'s new electric Semi trucks, the largest known order of the big rig, as the maker of Mountain Dew soda and Doritos chips seeks to reduce fuel costs and fleet emissions, a company executive saidon Tuesday. Tesla hopes to convince the trucking community that it can build an affordable electric big rig with the range and cargo capacity to compete with relatively low-cost, time-tested diesel trucks.(Automotive News)

#1164     Dec 13, 2017
  5. Funny to watch Chanos grasp at straws on CNBC. I remember when he was trash talking TSLA @ 180.

He'd be better off shorting GM @ 58.

#1165     Dec 16, 2017
  6. dealmaker

dealmaker

Musk misfires Twitter message with cell number to Oculus CTO
    Elon Musk gave his 16.7 million Twitter followers what he meant to send to the chief technology officer of virtual-reality company Oculus: his phone number. The Tesla CEO quickly deleted the post. The tweet invited speculation that Musk, 46, may have been trying to recruit John Carmack, the CTO of Facebook-owned Oculus, or was seeking ways for Oculus to cooperate with any of the many businesses he runs. (Automotive News)

#1166     Dec 21, 2017
  7. Overnight

Overnight

John Carmack? The same John Carmack as Quake? Revolutionary programmer back in the day. First independent game developer/programmer to get a fancy sports car at a young age. Was all the rage. Neat!

#1167     Dec 21, 2017
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

Are they going to have space x absorb this thing? Seems like I've been reading a few articles pushing the idea. I hope space x investors are smart enough to figure out if this is the right play (seems like it would just be a bailout of sorts).

#1168     Dec 25, 2017
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Elon Musk working on electric-powered pickup truck to rival Ford F-150

Dec. 26 (UPI) -- Elon Musk revealed on Tuesday that his Tesla, Inc. has plans in the works to build an electric-powered pickup truck that would rival the Ford F-150 in size.

During a question and answer session on Twitter, a user wrote to Musk: "Need an electric pickup truck please."

Musk responded by saying Tesla has plans to roll out a pickup truck as soon as the company unveils its Model Y, which has been slated for a 2018 date.

"I promise that we will make a pickup truck right after Model Y. Have had the core design/engineering elements in my mind for almost 5 years. Am dying to build it," Musk replied.

I promise that we will make a pickup truck right after Model Y. Have had the core design/engineering elements in my mind for almost 5 years. Am dying to build it.
    - Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 26, 2017

When asked if the pickup truck would be similar in size to the F-150, Musk replied: "Similar total size. Maybe slightly bigger to account for a really game-changing (I think) feature I'd like to add."

Musk has had a pickup truck in the works since at least 2016.

In a blog post from July 20, 2016, Musk wrote about his plans to build more types of electric-powered vehicles.

"In addition to consumer vehicles, there are two other types of electric vehicle needed: heavy-duty trucks and high passenger-density urban transport," Musk wrote, adding that they were "in the early stages of development."

Last month, Tesla unveiled its plans for an electric-powered semi truck, which is already on pre-order in North America and Europe.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/201...1514347201/?spt=rec_feat&or=2&r=5331514353457

#1169     Dec 27, 2017
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

More Model 3 delays.... production target now moved to Q2.
    If all else fails, Elon certainly has a future in politics. He's good.

#1170     Jan 4, 2018