TSLA what a joke

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by John9999, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Sig

Sig

Your critiques of Elon have moderated significantly...to the point of being on par with my usual level of sarcasm on the matter. You give up on a short or find the Elon religion or ???

#81     Aug 9, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

#82     Aug 9, 2018
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Up $11 ah's on news the board is pursuing this buy-out. Elon to recuse himself.

#83     Aug 9, 2018
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

So was I right, no funding secured and no 8K will be filed?

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3381432-tesla-board-expected-push-musk-recusal

Probably what is happening:

" Tesla BOD evaluates going private in an attempt to soften Musk’s bluff with SEC only to come back several weeks later, and release to the public that it is in the best interest of the company and shareholders Tesla stays public. This is theater."

#84     Aug 9, 2018
  5. Daal

Daal

#85     Aug 9, 2018
  6. Daal

Daal

You bring up a good point. Saudi Arabia is massively long oil through their reserves, buying a big stake on TSLA is like shorting the future of oil. Therefore its a great hedge for them. If TSLA suceeds, at least they get paid for the dwinling value of their reserves. If TSLA fails, well, then their reserves continue to be worth a lot so who cares. Its a nice 'nation hedge'. Its like a highly profitable typewriter company buying a stake in the IPO of a IBM or Microsoft in the 70s or 80s

#86     Aug 9, 2018
    VPhantom likes this.
  7. John9999

John9999

I never expected my post to get all this attention... obviously people are really amped up over TSLA. I personally think it is a crap company and crap stock and eventually if it stays public it will crash.

#87     Aug 9, 2018
    elitenapper likes this.
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

You know more than most.

#88     Aug 9, 2018
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Ya think?
    Maybe.
    Maybe not.
    China wants to be 100% electric by 2030.
    Worlds fastest growing economy and all.
    Elon is a traveler.
    Huh? What's that mean Z?
    ........I have no idea.
    But I'm not blind either.

#89     Aug 9, 2018
  10. destriero

destriero

She loves the car, but we're heading back to Fremont to trade it in on a new P100D.

#90     Aug 9, 2018