TSLA what a joke

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by John9999, Aug 7, 2018.

1. ajacobson

ajacobson

#41     Aug 7, 2018
  2. maxinger

maxinger

Stock cannot be a joke!
    Market cannot be stupid.
    People could be.

We just need to look at things from opportunistic point of view and not negatively.

#42     Aug 8, 2018
    John9999 likes this.
  3. Humpy

Humpy

What a showman.
    He can talk even sensible people out of their hard earned.
    Be wary…………………….…….

#43     Aug 8, 2018
    John9999 likes this.
  4. Why don't they? first time seeing a large stock unavailable in IB

#44     Aug 8, 2018
  5. Humpy

Humpy

The silly money never seems to dry up.
    A lot of it went into cryptos. Well it would.

#45     Aug 8, 2018
    tomorton likes this.
  6. Daal

Daal

Given how erratic and volatile Musk's behavior has been this year, I would not be surprised if he is just messing around, trying to ruin shorts P&Ls. He did say "Am CONSIDERING" after all

#46     Aug 8, 2018
  7. Daal

Daal

What legally prevents Musk from saying "we couldn't agree on an interest rate that I thought it made sense so I decided not to move forward"? Anyone know? From my layman's perspective, there is nothing to prevent him to backing out specially considering that he is known to make promises he doesn't deliver on

#47     Aug 8, 2018
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, if history is to repeat itself:

"What he dreams of is $70+ billion which would be the largest LBO, ever. BTW - Energy Future Holdings (TXU) was the largest LBO in 2007 for $32 billion plus about $13 billion in assumed debt and declared Chap 11 BK in April 2014. KKR, TPG and Goldman Sachs Group Inc.'s GS 0.81% private-equity arm company have written down nearly all of the $8 billion they originally invested."

#48     Aug 8, 2018
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I agree with everything, but...

TSLA never had a government contract unless some super duper secret ones.... Care to share it?

#49     Aug 8, 2018
  10. Arnie

Arnie

What's to drain?
    I just don't get leveraging a co that is losing this kind of money. I don't see the end game to going private.

#50     Aug 8, 2018