TSLA what a joke

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by John9999, Aug 7, 2018.

1. John9999

John9999

this is fake,,, and Elon should be prosecuted for a Pump scam. But using Twitter, now that's thinking. No more phone solicitations for a pump scheme. There will be no private purchase, who would be so stupid. This is Elon trying to stay out of bankruptcy. You can only lose BILLIONS for so long before the game is over.

#11     Aug 7, 2018
    elitenapper likes this.
  2. It would probably only take about $14-ish billion to take it private....presumably anyone who has a substantial position in TSLA would be interested in holding when it's private.

#12     Aug 7, 2018
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Maybe he's one of the crazy ones? If he can pull off what he's trying to accomplish with Tesla, in whatever manner he chooses, we'd have to give him that badge, yeah?

And remember this gem? Who would have thought, 34 years ago, that Apple, the tiny little upstart to the massive behemoth that was IBM, would be the first company to hit a trillion in market cap? Just nuts.

P.S. Macs and iPhones still suck, way too overpriced lol.

#13     Aug 7, 2018
  4. ajacobson

ajacobson

$2.9 Billion from the Saudi Sovereign fund. Still a bit of a way to go.

#14     Aug 7, 2018
  5. Sig

Sig

Private equity LBOs happen with as little 30% equity and almost always below 50%, so he only needs $18B or less. If a couple existing large shareholders keep their equity in the LBO it comes to well within standard LBO amounts.

#15     Aug 7, 2018
    samuel11 likes this.
  6. tomorton

tomorton

I know nothing about Tesla (except their cars spend longer charging than driving).

But I wouldn't trust Elon Musk as far as I could spit.

#16     Aug 7, 2018
    Clubber Lang and John9999 like this.
  7. Sig

Sig

Well my car spends more time parked than driving, must be a crappy car?
    If he wants to buy the company take his cash and be happy, what's to trust?

#17     Aug 7, 2018
  8. tomorton

tomorton

You pretend to misunderstand but the problem of battery life and range will stall the electric car project unless its solved. And this guy isn't going to solve it, he's selling lemons.

Anyway, I think I'm allowed to be biased now and then. I also wouldn't let Mark Zuckerberg in my house. Or any lawyer.

#18     Aug 7, 2018
  9. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

Musk reportedly owns 33.7 million shares of Tesla. The share price jumped about $40 today with this news. So he essentially made himself a little over $1.3 billion by floating a rumor on Twitter. :D

There are going to be some really mad people if this doesn't go through.

#19     Aug 7, 2018
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Well, he's only going to "make" that money is he goes ahead and sells his shares. If he does, well, now wouldn't that be a bit suspicious? And illegal?

#20     Aug 7, 2018