tsla vin numbers hit record at faster rate presumably time to buy?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ggelitetrader000, May 29, 2018.

1. https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-vin-registrations-hit-new-record/
    According to the article, the VIN numbers are hitting record at a faster rate, looks like production trouble is over. Looking at the stock price, it is at a heavy discount at now at $277 from the high off 377$ about a year ago. I am thinking to get a cheap JAN 20 option @ strike price of 500$ which is currently at around 0.18 to mess with its delta. I am sure the same option's delta was close to 0.5 or around 0.4x when the stock traded around 377$ about a year ago. What do you think?

2. nursebee

nursebee

I am not interested in an article from early April

3. piezoe

piezoe

Never by a first off of a substantially different product, let alone a revolutionary product! Unless you just don't care what you do with your money. That was good advice for would be Edsel Buyers in 1958, and it is good advice for would be Tesla buyers in 2018.

4. OK That looks pretty old, i decided to buy specified option on the trailing stop, first i am ever doing on options, so that if it keeps dropping, it will not execute only when it goes up by threshold amount. THanks.,

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

There is nothing magic about finally speeding up production after a year of fucking around. They are also making those cars for parking lots and foreigners because of the 200K EV credit limit.

6. ok, so what do you think of the outlook for 1-2 years from now.
    I have given up on tsla stock but then purchase jan 20, options at 550$ call and 50$ put. Huge spread.

7. Once again, Musk has been able to gun the shorts. Wow, his low key approach on the conference was superb.
    He once again makes B.S. of the Model 3 run rate. It's all talk....it's hard to believe this guy.
    And look at the price action today.....straight down.