TSLA the next leg up

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Stocks4life, Jun 27, 2013.

1. The trend is indeed my friend, but apparently I gather from the way you talk to me, that you are not.

#51     Aug 24, 2013
  2. koolaid

koolaid

I gather from your reading comprehension that you're not quite there yet. Stop inferring what is not there and putting words in people's mouth.

#52     Aug 25, 2013
  3. Banjo

Banjo

4. hard to argue with this.

#54     Aug 26, 2013
  5. d08

d08

It's not sustainable, that's for sure, the slope is just too positive. But apparently for the time being it's "TSLA to the moon".

#55     Aug 26, 2013
  6. amazing run this year!

#56     Aug 26, 2013
  7. Specterx

Specterx

It is? Starting in 2004, AAPL increased by nearly 20x going into the '08 crisis, and 70x overall into the recent $700 peak. So while stocks do go up and down and TSLA will have a major pullback/consolidation at some point, perhaps for several years, none of that means there isn't a shitload of money to be made.

No position in TSLA btw.

#57     Aug 26, 2013
  8. achilles28

achilles28

TSLA has a larger market cap than Fiat. Fiat sells roughly 400,000 cars a month. TSLA, atm, sells around 2000, a month - less than 1% of Fiat monthly sales. Speculative.....uhh... ya. for sure. Not saying it's a great car, or can't scale up. But TLSA must increase sales 100 TIMES to get in the same league as fiat.

#58     Aug 26, 2013
  9. shfly

shfly

Found this article on battery supply concerns rather interesting...

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1657582-teslas-crushing-battery-supply-constraints

"While I hate to say "I told you so," CNBC recently aired an extraordinary video clip from an interview with Tesla Motors' CEO Elon Musk who described the cell manufacturing process in some detail and then went on to explain that all the lithium-ion battery production capacity in the world could only support a few hundred thousand cars a year.

...The implications of Mr. Musk's on-air battery discussion are staggering. Even if Tesla could lock up 100% the world's lithium-ion cell manufacturing capacity, it could only build a few hundred thousand cars a year. There is absolutely no chance that Tesla can accomplish that feat of monopolistic magic because:"

#59     Aug 26, 2013
  10. maxpi

maxpi

Battery technology is under continual R&D, eventually a better technology will emerge. In the meantime that tells us a lot about the company's marketing position. They will only fit in the high end competing with Cadillac, etc...

It is very refreshing to see a new product designed from the ground up with the newest tech though. I would love to own one but the battery charging limitations make it sort of not quite practical. They could build a hybrid though, it would be a great car.

#60     Aug 26, 2013