TSLA is toast? <--- epic selloff

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by KCalhoun, Jan 11, 2021.

1. I think a positive catalyst for Tesla is Elon Mush could step down from the CEO position. let someone else run the company. I think Elon is not a smart person when it comes to managing a company. he could be a director or Chief Technical Officer for Tesla.

#41     Jan 15, 2021
  2. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

you were saying...? : p I NAILED IT (short call.. )

tsla15jan.jpg

#42     Jan 15, 2021
    DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Sure you can. It's in the TOS/EULA, which is a legally-binding agreement you agree to every time you use the service. Accessing Twitter/FB etc is a privilege, not a right.

Being traded on a regulated exchange does not mean that everyone in the world gets to tell them what to do. Only their shareholders get to do that. So any entity that generates it's own revenue, and is not funded through government taxation, such as a national park for instance, is like a private club. Unless you have membership to the club, via holding shares of said company and thereby being part owner of it, you got not influence.

#43     Jan 15, 2021
    VicBee likes this.
  4. VicBee

VicBee

Good job, although to be fair, it's not a Tsla sell off it's a market sell off. Look for a rebound next week !

#44     Jan 15, 2021
    TrailerParkTed and KCalhoun like this.
  5. My intuition tells me that the market will go down next week with the all chaos resulting from the inauguration. It does not seem like it would make a difference, because politics should not have anything do with selling cars etc. but it often does.

#45     Jan 16, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  6. ironchef

ironchef

Met Musk years ago when he just started Space-X. I won't bet against him just like I won't bet against Jobs or Bezos.

#46     Jan 16, 2021
    jys78 and DallasCowboysFan like this.
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

What was the nature of your impression? Did he have a halo above his head? Did he touch you and your pain was gone? Was he super charismatic? Because during demonstrations he is a blabbering idiot.

#47     Jan 16, 2021
  8. Musk is a rare individual.
    He is incredibly talented, very intelligent and ambitious.
    Even though he has a lot of irons in the fire, the people working for him, manage to finish the task; whether it is building a new car factory, designing solar roofs, getting cars out the door, launching a rocket, launching a new satellite wifi company, putting people on Mars or selling surfboards and flame throwers.

The man gets things done.

#48     Jan 16, 2021
  9. Yeah, he does stutter and pause a lot, but I always thought it was because his mind was working faster than his ability to communicate.

I wonder what it is like to be with him in private, drinking a beer, and talking about fishing or the NFL.

#49     Jan 16, 2021
  10. VicBee

VicBee

Yeah, the first time I heard Musk for an extended period of time was as few months ago at Battery Day, and he sure was a disappointment. Clearly he gets things done, has vision and is a tech geek with a typical engineering mindset, but he is an awful speaker who should, but doesn't care for marketing like branding, PR, presentation and more traditional marketing. Watching him was like watching a kid with a hard to pinpoint disorder, who you hope will finish his sentences without doing something crazy. Really hard to watch.
    Tesla vehicles sell themselves for now. Many of the car buyers are also shareholders, meaning they're invested in the success of Tesla and that's tremendous word of mouth free PR. However, success isn't just about proving you can sell to lovers, friends and neighbors. The real test will be the next 5 million vehicles to the average car buyer who doesn't care to know about Tesla anymore than others brands. In fact, I'm sure that in lower Europe there's a natural reluctance to buy Tesla now because it makes one standout and be victimized for it. Europe is mandating EVs and in 10 years the excitement of being part of a new generation of environmentally conscious buyers will fade and Tesla will be one among a dozen or more options on the market. I am certain that Musk didn't start all this to be the CEO of a car company. He gets his adrenalin pumping when there's an engineering challenge to resolve then moves on. He's an 80% type who let's other finish the remaining 20% and the vehicles poor QC is a consequence of that. But I digress...

#50     Jan 16, 2021
    DallasCowboysFan likes this.