TSLA hype stock.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by noob_trad3r, Jun 28, 2010.

1. that never stopped em. how many turkeys pay gurus for advice ,that never made a dime trading?

#31     Jun 30, 2010
  2. Maybe, maybe not. Let me tell you a little story.

I remember when Yahoo IPOd back in 96. It had a $1 billion market cap and no profits and tiny revenues, and all the newspaper articles scoffed at it. Even the Financial Times said it was ridiculously overvalued. And at first it looked like they were right, as it fell significantly, down 50% from the highs. 4 years later the stock was up 100-fold from its IPO price, and almost 200-fold from the lows. Even now, it is up 13-fold from the IPO, a compound return of over 20% per annum. Not only was Yahoo not overvalued at 1 billion market cap, it was radically *undervalued*, and turned out to be one of the biggest market winners of all time. The media, the Financial Times, and people like yourself were not only wrong, their opinions were the complete opposite of the truth.

We simply don't know if Tesla will succeed or not. It certainly has a lot of risks, but equally it could end up like YHOO or AMZN on EBAY for all we know. There is no profit in saying "it will never print back up there", rather one should plan for all eventualities and then respond to the course the market takes.

#32     Jun 30, 2010
  3. Or like Netscape. Gets swallowed up by a bigger fish in the field while it is still young.

#33     Jun 30, 2010
  4. hmmm, heard a rumor that someone here called TSLA a bag just moments before it collapsed.

can't be,

#34     Jul 1, 2010
  5. Hype and mania..its always like this ..everyone talks about it and rushes in then it fizzles like most of them at least for awhile.pop pop pop fizzle fizzle fizzle:mad:

#35     Jul 1, 2010
  6. GregoryG

GregoryG

Tesla won't be profitable for at least the next couple years. The only reason it made that strong move to 28 was the hype the media gave it.

I'm waiting for it to retrace somewhere to the initial 15-16 level that was originally predicted, perhaps even lower. I won't even begin to think about investing in it until they can start the mass production of the Model S.

#36     Jul 1, 2010
  7. see my posts.

perfection.

#37     Jul 2, 2010
  8. down over 7 points since my bag call.

gladyahadit

I was gonna say more, but my lawyers told me it was too much good information to distribute for free to ingrates.

sorry.

#38     Jul 2, 2010
  9. Imagine the average guy who bought into the hype and bought TSLA close to $30 on the IPO next day. Today it's at 19.70. An "investment" that lost close to 33% in just 3 days... faster than you can say cheese.

#39     Jul 2, 2010
  10. bought 1000 shares at 22:mad:

#40     Jul 2, 2010