TSLA - Here we go again.....

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by syswizard, Nov 17, 2017.

1. With Musk yet again coming out with announcement to gun the shorts...(Poor Jim Chanos).
    This has got to end at some point in time, right ?
    It's almost like he plans these announcements every few months.
    And they lack important information, like what is the average cost of the new semi-truck ?
    I can't believe company's are putting in orders without knowing the price....LOL !!

2. Cuddles

Cuddles

Are they though? These aren't fanatics, they're business men.

3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Walmart?? Hunt?? What are they doing??
    Easy.
    They *are* "businessmen": this is easy élon musky cachét.....

ca·chet
    kaˈSHā/
    noun
    noun: cachet; plural noun: cachets
    1. 1.
      the state of being respected or admired; prestige.
      "no other shipping company had quite the cachet of Cunard"
      synonyms: prestige, status, standing, clout, kudos, snob value, stature, preeminence, eminence;
      street credibility
      "for more than fifty years, their winery enjoyed the cachet that others could only envy"
    2. 2.
      a distinguishing mark or seal

4. The Tesla roadster is being priced at $250k.....only snobs would buy that over a Porsche 911s Turbo with 0-60 in 2.6 secs vs. the roadster's 1.8 second.

Note: both car's exhibit "cachet"....but the Porsche is much cheaper in the long run.
    It would take a regular gas price of $20/gallon to make the roadster justified over the Porsche.

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Yeah, but the Tesla is a "green" car. It uses no fossil fuels, if you believe Boris Johnson in how electricity just comes "from the plug". :banghead:

Pekelo likes this.
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

You don't spend 250k on a 2 seater car and worry about a cheaper alternative. You buy it because you want to buy it.

algofy likes this.
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

But you could run the Tesla from solar panels off your roof, if you park it at home all day and live in a hot country or have a Tesla battery in your house to store the electricity during the day to charge over the night.

Ofcourse it takes vaste amount of energy to create a solar panel, like 10years of sun light in a hot country to get back what you put in, but we'll ignore that aswell :)

I imagine the truck will have multiple battery packs, so you can fast charge 5 of them same time, to get it back out on the road in like 5hours!! They'll sell a few, just so companies can run 1 out of a 100nd trucks and claim there green, that'll be enough to make Elon some $$$'s and put a man on mars!!

tommcginnis likes this.
  8. This funny post is right-on and the recent chart of TSLA certainly reflects this......
    it's going down, down, down.

9. i960

i960

10. Exactly....forget about the quality....it's all about the shipping numbers.
    Is Tesla going the way of the Delorean ?
    Will Elon have to start working with drug dealers....LOL ?

#10     Nov 20, 2017