TSA Running Amok - Again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lucrum, Feb 17, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

Then it's a good thing Congress refused to go along with Obama to create a new Department of Business. I can imagine the burden that would have put on the average business and strangled the economy further.

#21     Feb 17, 2013
  2. Making access to healthcare available for every American.I know its not perfect but its better then the system we had before Obamacare imo

#22     Feb 17, 2013
  3. For over four years it's been owned and operated by Obama and his apointees. Obama can change it anytime he wants. Yet he refuses to do so. The reason is simple. He likes it just the way it is. The mess at TSA is his and his alone.

#23     Feb 17, 2013
  4. pspr

pspr

You can say that again. It is a monstrosity that will ruin America. That is if the Democraps created Medicare doesn't do it first.

Government should never have gotten into the business of running these things. Oversite should be the maximum the federal government should be allowed to do with domestic programs.

#24     Feb 17, 2013
  5. I'd ship my luggage for one thing... Isn't UPS probably more reliable than an airline anyhow?

#25     Feb 17, 2013
  6. Yes. We do that now. Ship luggage via UPS or FEDEX. Just take one small carry-on.

#26     Feb 17, 2013
  7. TSA trying to make amtrack look viable.

I only fly maybe 1 round trip a year, I don't need the hassle.

#27     Feb 17, 2013
  8. It was created by Bush and the majority republican Congress and it is doing what they intended for it to do,it is doing what most government departments do.Like the worst economy since the great depression,2 wars,a trillion dollar deficit etc its another mess that the guy you voted for created and left behind

#28     Feb 17, 2013
  9. For all the Romney and Bush voters who are complaining about TSA and DHS you voted for the guy who created it and 3 months ago you voted for the team that created it

http://milwaukeestory.com/index.php...licy-advisers-served-under-george-w-bush-360/

23 of Romney’s foreign policy advisers served under George W Bush

George W Bush has not been a central topic in this GOP election cycle but significant elements of his administration are lurking in the shadows of the Romney campaign. Twenty three of Romney's senior advisers served under Bush in some capacity, several serving in key roles in the administration. Michael Chertoff, Secretary of Homeland Security from 2005-2009, a champion of full body scanners and TSA security techniques, is one of the most recognizable names on Romney's national security team. Another notable name is Michale Hayden, Director of the National Security Agency (NSA) from '99-'05 and then Director of the CIA from 2006-'09. Then there is the notorious Cofer Black, former Vice Chairman of Blackwater, who served the Bush administration as the State Department's Ambassador-at-large for counter terrorism from 2002-04.

There are also lesser known names on Romney's list that played key roles in the Bush Administration. Meghan O'Sullivan was deputy national security adviser on Iraq and Afghanistan under George W Bush. According to Bob Woodward's book State of Denial O'Sullivan was the original champion of the surge strategy in Iraq. She also served on the political front in Iraq in the early days of the war.

#29     Feb 17, 2013
  10. So, you're saying that Obama -- who has had total control over the agency for over four years -- has no culpability here at all.

Obama could get rid of it anytime he wants. Yet he REFUSES to do so. REFUSES. REFUSES. REFUSES.

After four years it belongs to Obama because he refuses to get rid of it or make any changes.

After 4 years, every agency of the government is 100% Obama.

#30     Feb 17, 2013