TSA Running Amok - Again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lucrum, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I departed the Stuart, FL airport yesterday. A general aviation airport with no commercial service. I didn't know until I arrived at the airport, but Obama was playing golf at The Floridian just over four miles away from the airport.

All passengers and crews were/are being screened by TSA before boarding their PRIVATE aircraft.
    No firearms are allowed beyond the TSA checkpoint. Even if you have a permit and even though you're departing on a PRIVATE aircraft.
    All passengers and crew once cleared by TSA are "shadowed" or followed around by a TSA agent in the building (including the restrooms) and on the ramp.
    The aircraft are inspected by TSA agents, similar to what you might expect if passing through customs.
    Air traffic control has to get a release from TSA before allowing anyone to take off.

Keep in mind that during all this nonsense Obama isn't even at the airport.
    He's at the golf course over four miles away.

And here is the "funny" part. The active runway was 30 (300 degrees) which is aimed almost squarely at the golf course Obama is at. IOW we flew right over that idiots head with no climb restrictions. Had we wanted to attempt an assassination of his sorry ass we could have easily dived into the golf course.

Less than four miles away from the golf course I ate lunch in a restaurant while legally armed. No TSA agents were around.

2. Not that I'm any kind of expert or know better but Imo, the TSA doesn't know what they are doing, what to do or what they are looking for so they do anything and everything.

And like you mention, miss the obvious.

Perhaps the entire TSA exercise in precaution is just something to keep those mofo's awake and justify their existence with "make work" "look busy" "don't just stand there, do something".

The Israelis must be laughing their ass off at our attempt at "security".

3. Last time I was in an airport TSA agents searched a guy and all his luggage because they found a candle in his carry-on bag which the man had purchased as a gift for his wife. The agents apologized to him, but said that the scanning machine had detected glycerine in the candle and under the rules they had to do a full search including a full body pat-down. By their attitude, it was obvious that even the TSA agents knew it was stupid to search this guy.

Note for future travel: Do NOT transport candles or hand creams with glycerine through airports or you will find yourself getting shaken down by TSA agents.

4. pspr

pspr

To bad you didn't have a mortar round that could have accidentally rolled out the door as you passed over the golf course. :D

Obama sure causes people a lot of grief when ever he leaves the White House. He should just stay there and save us the pain and the money until we toss his ass out. Then I suggest some long evening walks on the streets of Chicago for him.

5. Max E.

Max E.

Lucrum, Just in case you were not already pissed off enough about this, here is some more fuel for the fire, the reason the president is down there is so he can take golf lessons at 1000$ per hour from Tiger Woods old coach, all on tax payers dime.

$1000/HR: OBAMA BOOKS WORLD'S TOP GOLF PRO FOR VACATION

Economic growth is in the negative, unemployment is on the rise, Walmart's forecasting a disastrous February for retail sales, poverty's up, gas prices are up, the cost of health care premiums are up, middle class incomes are falling, consumer confidence is at a two year low, our deficit is unsustainable, and Barack Obama has just signed up for private golf lessons with two of the top teachers in the country.

You might want to go back and read that last part again.

Safely re-elected and with no concerns whatsoever that the media will take issue with his elitist behavior (hell, the media won't even make an issue of the economy), what would certainly be the kind of optics the media would bludgeon a Republican with will likely go unnoticed, because the narrative's been set that Obama can do no wrong.

The only other possibility is that the media will tell us that Obama hiring the number-one golf teacher in the world represents Obama "creating a job."

The President's golfing weekend at The Floridian GC in Palm City, Fla., will include more than golf on a Tom Fazio course or an afternoon of ball beating at the Harmon School of Golf on campus. The Harmons, Butch and son Claude III, are flying in to work with President Obama[.]

This would be perfectly fine were it not for the fact that Obama knows he can oversee a faltering economy, where millions are suffering, and still get all brazenly one-percentary, knowing the media will give him a complete and total pass.

Romney wasn't even president, and the media beat him senseless for his wife Ann wearing a nice blouse.

Anyway, enjoy yourself, Mr. President. According to "Golf Digest," Harmon's hourly rate is $1,000 an hour. So it sounds like you're, uhm, "doing fine." And don’t feel bad for those of us in the 99%. We're also "doing fine." We might be all out of hope, but we still have a little change and those food stamps.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/15/Obama-Hires-Americas-Top-Golf-Teacher

6. Every time I think about TSA I get angry at George Bush and the majority republican congress for creating it.Not only did they create it they created it without a way to pay for it along with the rest of the homeland security monstrosity :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh puhleeze, you get angry at Bush and or republicans every time the wind blows.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I asked the TSA agent why the zero tolerance on firearms at a GA airport on private aircraft.
    I said, "what are they afraid of, someone is going to take a pot shot at the POTUS.
    With a pistol, from a moving aircraft by shooting a hole through the window of their pressurized multi-mullion dollar aircraft"?

The TSA agent just shook his head, it was obvious he thought the restriction was as idiotic as I do.

9. Well ,how idiotic was it when you said this in your opening post '' Had we wanted to attempt an assassination of his sorry ass we could have easily dived into the golf course ''

10. pspr

pspr

If you are angry with George Bush and the Republicans over the TSA you must really be angry with Obama.

On Oct. 26, President Obama signed a new Executive Order which expands the role and scope of Homeland Security in states and areas across the country. This order, which establishes a new Security Partnership Council, will have far reaching effects in the overall mission of Homeland Security, and for state and local areas that interact with the Federal agency.

This new Executive Order, which expands the scope of the agency and gives it greater power in state and local partnerships, will mean greater loss of freedoms and liberties to both the states and citizens as the Federal government imposes greater authority over what should remain state sovereignty scope and missions.
    :cool:

#10     Feb 17, 2013