TS7 OCO?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Lightningsmurf, Mar 11, 2003.

1. I haven't had my turn to download TS7 yet, so instead of waiting, I thought I'd ask those who already have it whether you can implement OCO ( fill order and cancel other) orders without resorting to automation? I saw that TS7 has (finally!) included GTC orders and Good to Date orders. I'm wondering whether you can place both a target and a stop on the internal servers? I'm guessing you can't but will be happy to be proved wrong.
    Anyone??

2. Nope - OCO/OCA orders not available in TS7.

-eLindy

3. eyecheck

eyecheck

I trade using TS using a combination of automated and discretionary systems. IMO, the lack of OCO type orders is a serious limitation that TS needs to fix.

Tradestation rep, any comments about when this might be fixed?

4. Biomech

Biomech

I think I know the answer to this, but could someone that has used TS7 please verify.

Does TS7 have Renko charts?

It seems there are already at least 2 other holes in the feature set of TS7 that I would miss having. It seems crazy that they would spend all this time and millions of bucks developing a system that still has holes in it. I'm afraid to even ask about the bugs in it...

If TS7 doesn't do Renko, I guess I'll have to write my own automated system using esignal and IB. Ugh.

5. links

links Guest

Never heard of Renko charts, I did do a search in TS7 but couldn't find them. TS7 just has the regular Bar, line and candle formats.

Are they available in Esignal?

May I ask how you use these charts? Are they effective in determining S/R? I did do a search on the web and found some information.

Thanks

http://www.marketscreen.com/help/atoz/default.asp?Num=94

6. maxpi

maxpi

There is software that interfaces Tradestation software to IB and IB has all kinds of types of orders.

Max

7. cartm

cartm

Esignal has Renko, Kagi, 3point break, and I think with efs you can get equivolume. It also has the standard candle, bar, line, and point and figure.

8. cartm

cartm

O I forgot to mention that the answer to the original question is no, no oco orders, at least online from what I have read. Don't know if they plan it, if youre going to wait for it in the next release it might be a few yrs. (Thats how long the first new release took).

9. Biomech

Biomech

Yes they are available in Esignal, though they are very buggy. I'm looking for a different charting program that does renko that I can automate IB orders with. Anyone have any suggestions?

That link you posted explains Renko pretty well. Not sure I could add anything. I don't use it for S/R, I use pivots, trendlines, etc. for that. I just use it to see the trend.