TS2000i vs TS8

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by rokafella, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Perhaps read the 2 new TS threads that were just created.

My system runs fine, no problems, no gaps , no data lost.

Although i must admit that TS8 has more options than TS2000. But more options are only important if you use them.

I'm still wondering what you can do with the info you get here if it's not for trading or making money.

#21     Oct 17, 2005
  2. I wanted to know what differences existed between the products. That is all. Thank you for your opinion.

#22     Oct 17, 2005
  3. bighog

bighog Guest

The CME has a decent priced package if you trade the indexes. I believe the charts come from Futuresource (now part of e-signal).

The globex quotes package withe the streaming charts come to about $80 a month. Pretty decent for e-mini future traders, thats where the action is anyway...:cool:

Might be worth a try if you are just getting warmed up in this trading game.

Remember if you go to someone like e-signal etc and sign up for a year, you are stuck to pay the whole deal. Maybe best to just pay monthly in case you realize you need more preparation before going into live battle. But, believe me, the best learning experience is the real thing. If necessary just trade 1 (ONE) contract at a time. It is by far the best one only teacher out there.

Good Luck

#23     Oct 17, 2005
  4. WTF are you talking about?
    Did you even read the title of this post?
    If you are not familiar with TS then do not opine!

#24     Oct 17, 2005
  5. I was the one who said it's obselete in another thread.
    I have them both, and i don't use TS2000i anymore.

TS8.1 is definitly lot better, and worth paying $100
    a month for it, considering parking 5K in a bank CD
    account these days brings you $150-$200 a year only

As if you fund your acccount (no need to trade)
    You don't have to pay around $250/month, and you
    are saving $1800 a year.

#25     Oct 18, 2005
  6. All depends on how you calculate and what you need.

I use Esignal with TS2000 to trade the Eminis. I pay 77$ a month all included, so not 250$ as you mentioned.
    If i would use TS8 my returns wouldn't improve because i programmed my system all by myself.
    My datafeed never lets me down which is not the case with TS8 and my broker is much better than Tradestation.
    If i would have used TS8 yesterday i would have lost more money, because of the problems they had, than the amount i pay a year for my trading.
    I have heard already many complaints about Tradestation as datafeed provider.

So in my case trading with TS8 costs me a few thousand dollars a year more than my actual setup.

As i said: all depends on how you calculate.

#26     Oct 18, 2005
  7. Try use Owndata2 software to use TS8 with any data feed.
    and soon 3rd party data with TS8.1 service pack1 release
    all data problem should go away

Lot of EL enhancement in TS8.1 where you can use real
    time account P&L and position infos within your strategy,
    and also automating order improvements shaving, pagging
    ,...with each entry/exit conditions

#27     Oct 18, 2005
  8. So TS8 has more features and no options to use 3rd party data (until next release). TS2000i is a viable product with less features
    and the ability to use 3rd party data. The biggest downside is not being able to run automated systems, right?

On the datafeed issue, esignal has had their share of problems and their historical data only goes back 5 yrs. No data vendor is safe from issues. I've tried them all and at some point they all suck.

#28     Oct 18, 2005
  9. Right. And i think most traders will avoid esignal
    soon with their costly plans for crappy advance
    charting (options and future-addon are extra charged)

I believe Tradstation is going to take all their customers

#29     Oct 19, 2005
  10. Correct. I mean, can someone explain to me why you need to go to the Advanced platform (read - pay eSignal more money) in order to enable the Eurex data feed option? (And I am talking in addition to the Eurex data fees?)

#30     Oct 19, 2005