TS2000i vs TS8

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by rokafella, Oct 15, 2005.

1. maxpi

maxpi

People say TS8 costs too much but you get 1000 symbols and it is all integrated and working wonderfully. People say that if you can trade you can do it with any software but I did not find this to be the case. I have spent years developing systems, that work is frustrating and baffling enough in itself such that I really am happy that I went with TS8 so I could put the technical difficulties behind me and have the convenience and speed of thought allowed by one click chart referencing from Radarscreen for one example and the data on demand both for charts and radarscreen. I am perfectly willing to sink money into this business in order to get it off the ground. At one point I realized that I was shooting myself in the foot on a daily basis with TS2k so I put it on the shelf.

I am really happy with my whole Tradestation software experience over the years, starting with Supercharts. The tutorials on tape that came with Supercharts had valuable insights that I recall to this day. I do not think that I could have developed the systems I have without going with TS8 for awhile. I am thinking of setting up TS2k with DTN satellite for use in autotrading and keeping the TS8 for system development. The TS2k software is a lot more conducive to a "static" situation regarding the symbol universe and strategies and the TS8 is just great if I start out the day with the idea "I need to develope a system and I have no idea where I am starting".

Regarding Cadillacs and Volkswagens I was saying that TS8 is very easy to drive and TS2k might be reliable but it requires a lot more manual attention.

#11     Oct 16, 2005
  2. Would you still prefer to use TS2000i, if you could use
    TS V.8.1 without paying?

Now you will get:
    -portfolio testing
    -3rd party data
    -new type of orders
    -order Entry Macros and improvements
    -intrabar order generation
    -your strategy accessing realtime account and position info
    -Automating type of orders, alteration and routs
    -Lot of easylanguage enhancements
    -Free 6 month tick history on equities, futures,..and 20 years
    worth of intraday data.......
    -Option Fields (Volatility)
    -1000 symbols monitoring
    -Basket Order window
    -99 plots (earlier 4 plots) for indicator
    -New IntrabarPersist Variables and Arrays
    -Maximum number of sub-graphs increased to 16

and Much much more.... :cool:

So TS2000i is obsolete :(

#12     Oct 16, 2005
    #13     Oct 16, 2005
  4. EXACTLY. TS2000i is RIFE with bugs, especially if you "Push the envelope" and try to use Tick charts realtime or DLL's in realtime. Many "Protection Exception Errors" under Win2K and win/xp. It took them 5 releases to get it semi-stable, but the owner (Bill Cruz) would not spend the estimated $100k-200k to get the remaining bugs fixed.
    Just another piece of DEADWARE.
    I now used QCharts by Quote.com but it's non-programmable and has seen few upgrades in the past 2 years.
    It's Also "ANOTHER PIECE OF DEADWARE".

BTW: anyone following the Software Holdrs recently ?
    Software seems to be the weakest tech sector without a doubt.

#14     Oct 16, 2005
  5. I probably make higher returns with my TS2000 than the average traders with TS8.
    The day when i can increase my profit with TS8 i will change immediately.

I use TS2000 since it came on the market. I used it for Forex and now for futures daytrading. I never ever had any problem or bug at all.

Retunrs are mostly influenced by the capacities of the trader, not by the capacity of the software.

#15     Oct 17, 2005
  6. I was asking for a comparison of TS2000i and TS8 not whether or not you can make money with it.

#16     Oct 17, 2005
  7. mindfull

mindfull

Yeah, the thread kinda shifted a bit.

#17     Oct 17, 2005
  8. Well, i thought that the main reason for comparing was to know with which you can make money. After all TS is developped for people that want to make money in trading.

Or are you hesitating which one to take to decorate your home?

:D

#18     Oct 17, 2005
  9. #19     Oct 17, 2005
  10. Well you're wrong. As wrong as wrong could be.

#20     Oct 17, 2005