TS2000i to IB TWS Bridge

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bidask, Jun 20, 2008.

1. imo, you're just about forced to use market orders on the IB side. unless you have coding skills and opt for TWSLink..
    you can't get around it. any other way will create sync issues.

#11     Jun 21, 2008
  2. bidask

bidask

if i am just sending market orders and they get filled every time, then twslink works fine? the only thing that needs to sync is the position. if all the orders are market orders and they always get filled, then everything should be fine, correct?

#12     Jun 21, 2008
  3. bidask

bidask

okay i just went through twslink website in more detail. using this seems to be a royal pain in the butt. how do you go about building something from scratch? is there documentation somewhere?

#13     Jun 21, 2008
  4. maxpi

maxpi

There was Dynaorder, that worked fine with TS2000.. well there were some issues but it was very easy to implement and it had all the features you really need... why is it so hard for all the software guys to figure out that we need to know the status of limit orders and account balances and whatnot? The Dyna thingie folded up shop years ago however.. there was an absolute near perfect copy of it, hyperoder, maybe that is still supported but I never was convinced they were trying to keep up with changes in TWS..... in fact I had trouble just downloading it once, let alone installation... Probably, if you want the thing done well, you are going to end up using Ninjatrader or OpenQuant, they both have the TWS interface built in and have the capability to get info you need like order status, account balance, etc..... I messed around with Trade Commander and Multicharts a while back, neither would support the other and it never worked for me for a minute.. Trade Commander might work with TS2000 but I think it was originally made for another software entirely that I had never heard of... if they have it working for TS2k then you might try it, it's not at all hard to do the programming, you just write dll calls into your easylanguage per the examples....

Happy trading

#15     Jun 21, 2008
  5. bidask

bidask

Two questions:

1) Does NinjaTrader provide a bridge from TS2000i to IB? This link seems to suggest that it does.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/trading_software_automated_trading.htm

2) Will the NinjaTrader software let you do this?

Chart1: plot ES from 900 to 1600 and apply strategy to this chart
    Chart2: Plot ES from 1600 t0 900 and apply another strategy to this chart

#16     Jun 22, 2008
  6. I asked about the TS2000i support directly with Ninja a while ago...they said it only supports the new Tradestation 8 platform.

#17     Jun 22, 2008
  7. maxpi

maxpi

I'm pretty sure you can go full auto with Ninja. Regarding the different sessions you can probably apply that in your code... the Ninja language definitely supports being able to check the time stamp of a tick, you could write the two strategies into one piece of code and check the time stamp of every tick and apply the strategy you want.....

#18     Jun 22, 2008
  8. francis1

francis1 ET Sponsor

TradeBullet recently added those features in its API.

#19     Jul 9, 2008
  9. maxpi

maxpi

Thanks for the tradebullet info, wow, TS2k is still viable, that is good news. The thing about Tradestation is that I know for sure that I can get the code running, with C# and my mediocre skills it's iffy to start a project in Openquant....

#20     Jul 9, 2008