TS2000i thoughts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by rokafella, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Brilliant response!
    You make it way to easy for me. :D
    Still waiting for a 3rd party review.
    Rok

#11     Nov 10, 2005
  2. Amibroker is far better than TradersStudio and far more proven at a lot less costs.

Even TradeStation is now giving away their stuff as long as you do a minimum number of trades with them per month. So who will be the moron to pay sizeable dollars for something that is only EOD to boot?

:eek:

#12     Nov 10, 2005
  3. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

There is a good reason that we have not had a product reviewed yet in the trade publications yet. The view cycle is about a year in most of the major magazines and then it takes 2-3 years before you get a second review for your new versions.

TradersStudio plans the release of it's real time product in Spring 2006 so I did not want to use my review until I had that product done. This is a common practice for software companies. Wealth-Labs did not get reviewed in Futures Magazine for a few years, they waited until they had real time finished and stable.

Our customers are our reviews for now. I am responsible to them. They all love the product because it is easy to use and has the best designed , easiest to use portfolio optimization of any product on the market.

#13     Nov 10, 2005
  4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Here is a good reason why Amibroker is no where near TradersStudio power or flexibility. It's design, in terms of language is even a decade behind TradeStation, since you need to actually include functions in your system code to handle optimization. TradeStation figured out how to design a product that does not require that very early in the product cycle. You also don't have to do that in TradersStudio, TradeStation had a good design and we knew to compete we needed to do it that way.
    Here is a link from another thread discussing these issues.

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57865&perpage=6&pagenumber=7

TradersStudio has the easiest to use and most flexible portfolio backtesting and optimization. In addition it's global macro language make it capable of doing things other platforms can't, for example we ship a walk forward optimization macro written all in TradersStudio Basic and Excel VBA, no external DLL. That comes for free with TradersStudio.

One example of something that the Global Macro language can do is automate running batches of systems, money management and selecting reports and either printing them or exporting them to excel. A broker with 100's of clients can start one macro and have all the orders for his clients printed for him in one step, because the global macro's can run all of TradersStudio features and automate them. No other backtesting platform in the world has this global macro control.

#14     Nov 10, 2005
  5. @Murray Ruggiero

In this thread http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=866684#post866684

I pointed out that you are spreading completely incorrect information on several software products including AmiBroker and WealthLab. You are doing the same here again.

Your posts show clearly that you have almost zero knowledge about other software platforms capabilities and you are spreading false information about them.

Would you please consider avoiding commenting on software you know nothing about. Thank you very much in advance.

I don't want to play bashing game here. Let the USERS decide about which software product is better.

AmiBroker offers FREE TRIAL because we are not afraid of people actually testing our products before buying. Why don't you offer free trial as well? Users would be able to easily judge by themselves then.

Regards,
    Tomasz Janeczko
    amibroker.com

#15     Nov 10, 2005
  6. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I did not intentionally spread misinformation about AmiBroker and/or WealthLabs. After you told me I was wrong, I went to http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://amibroker.com/ to check the archives of your site. I remember that they where available at one time. I just wanted to see if the information on the chart was wrong as of the date on the bottom. I had a TradersStudio staff member compile the comparison chart for me and it was double and triple checked for accuracy.

When I tried to access your website archive, it had been blocked. When I e-mailed the archive organization, they said the site owner had recently blocked it. This made it difficult to determine whether my staff made an honest mistake or if they were correct. At this point, I can’t prove anything. I did remove the chart from my site anyway.

I don't spread misinformation. I have had 100’s of articles published and it seem that I don't have problems with my facts. If I did, I am sure that the readers of Futures Magazine would have let me know over a ten-year period.

As for a TradersStudio demo, I decided to devote my staff and resources to getting a real time product finished and released. I did not want the support problems associated with demos slowing down the features requested by my paying customers who are waiting for the real time product. A demo release is planned after the real time version is finished.

#16     Nov 11, 2005
  7. Muhammad

Muhammad

TS2000i is not capable of providing advance system portfolio management requirements. But now it is possible using TS2000i systems with Traders Studio http://www.tradersstudio.com. Multiple systems on multiple markets testing, Optimizing system on multiple markets, converting TS2000i your existing codes in a mater if few clicks, Metastock or ASCII or CSI or Traders Studio data feeds allow freedom to use, Save you are all work including codes, settings, Data settings, Work sessions, reports in just one copy past so if your computer got problem or if you want to format your work will be save as your backup, Generating portfolio reports much faster then Rina systems, Not a DOS based software like Trading Recipes and not 25,000 USD price like Mechanica. Traders Studio allow programmers to make there own codes to run on portfolios and calculate any thing they want. None of the currently available softwares provide such power.

#17     Nov 11, 2005
  8. Muhammad

Muhammad

95% TS2000i code convert automaticaly. Rest 5% you have to do it by your self and if you are not able to do it then Traders Studio staff is very efficiant and do that for you in real quick time. I usualy receive Traders Studio technical support on the same day or next day positively. If you have tried it you must know that they are quick in providing technical support. I believe if TradeStation allows Traders Studio can fully convert code automatical. It is just to keep them on safe side.
    Keep up the hard work Traders Studio,,,,,,,:)

#18     Nov 11, 2005
  9. I'm thinking about getting tradersstudio
    but all the negative comments about it scare me. Too bad they don't have a demo. Guess I'll have a look at amibroker first.

#19     Nov 11, 2005
  10. Muhammad

Muhammad

You donot need free trial just go to traders studio web site and watch all the videos and see if it meets your requirements.
    Muhammad

#20     Nov 11, 2005