TS2000i..are Sepercenttrailing and Setdollartraling accurate?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Canados, May 11, 2007.

1. Canados

Canados

Hello,
    I'm testing my strategy with tradestation on daily charts . I was thinking if the Setpercenttrailingstop and Setdollartrailing exits are accurate on daily chart. Can I trust the results?Often the exit with trailing happens also on the same entry price.

THANKS and happy trading

2. maxpi

maxpi

With software like that, and most software maybe, you have to run some tests to check it.

3. Canados

Canados

Hi,
    I see in my backtests that the trailing exits happen on the top of the daily bars. Do I need tick by tick data for accurate backtests?

thanks

4. maxpi

maxpi

They have something going where they look at whether the bar closesd closer to the high or low and they guess as to whether the high or low came first.

For an intraday trailing stop you are going to have to look at real intraday data. Put intraday data as data1 and daily data as data2 in the chart and write your code so it looks at both of them.

5. for accurate $$ stops, w/ ts2000i, you must be certain the symbol is set correctly in globalserver. if the point value is incorrect.. you may have wildly variable results.

6. Canados

Canados

hi,
    my data are not in globalserver sice TS2000i reads them from a folder in c:/...The test was made on aud/usd minilot so I putted 1 $ as point valute and 0.0001 as minimum movement
    But now I 'm trying to move all my data in globalserver so maybe I'll solve all my problems
    regards